Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options. (Most, but not all, can be participated in, watched live, and replayed from home.)**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, April 24, 2023
- Personnel Board Meeting, 9:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Potential votes on Employee Development, Performance Appraisal Memorandum, Job Description Format, Employee Handbook, and Vacation Policy
- Metrowest Regional Transit Authority Meeting, 9:30 am @ 5 Blandin Ave 3rd Floor Conference Room, Framingham and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: FY24 Draft Budget Review
- Taxation Aid Committee Meeting, 4:00 pm @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Application reviews and potential vote on awards
- Northborough-Southborough Regional School Committee Meeting, pm @ Algonquin Regional High School, 79 Bartlett Street, Career Resource Center (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Preparing for Northborough’s Annual Town Meeting (which includes Northborough’s vote on authorizing borrowing for the GonkPlex project)
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda, hearing materials) Agenda Highlights: Hearings on 241-245 Turnpike Rd (Car Condos facility), 10 Brigham St Stonewall, Fayville Hall – History & Arts Center, 206 Turnpike Rd Use; Approval Not Required application for 6-12 Brigham St; Discussions on Chestnut Meadow Subdivision Covenant Extension; Bond Reduction; Barn Hollow Subdivision Bond Release; MBTA Communities; and Draft Tree Policy
- Capital Improvement and Planning Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Neary Building Committee, Community Center Exploration Committee, and Pavement Management Program; Process for vetting new sidewalks and repairs/upgrades; Discuss 21 Highland Street Report; Capital project status and procedures
Tuesday, April 25, 2023
- Southborough Public Accessibility Committee Meeting, 9:00 – 10:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Sidewalks; Entrance and exit driveway to Town House; Stairs at Mooney Field along stonewall; ADA compliant applications for smart phones that support handicap signage
- Select Board Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Interview multiple candidates for one appointment to Housing Authority; Library Trustees’ Letter of Intent for construction grant; Hearing for pole relocation on Richards Road; LED Street Lights; Vote on Water Rates; Golf Course – Approve spending DPW funds and increase revolving fund spending limit; Approve retiree COLA; Date for Fall Special Town Meeting; Public Comment Policy related to MA Supreme Court decision; Possible restructuring of Affordable Housing Trust Fund; Next steps on Public Safety dispatch services
- Community Preservation Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Cordaville Hall, Room B, 9 Cordaville Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Algonquin Tennis Court Replacement MOU; Review Report on 21 Highland Street; Status of Town House Restoration Bond, open CPA Projects, and investment strategy; Plan annual public forum; Vote on officers
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Route 9 Business Corridor Initiative grant; Review EDC’s projects from Master Plan; One Stop grant application; priorities
Wednesday, April 26, 2023
- Northborough-Southborough Regional School Committee – Student Advisory Committee Meeting, 5:30 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School Library D110g, 79 Bartlett Street, Northborough (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Planning for 2023-2024; Policy update; Review handbook for students and parents;
- Northborough-Southborough Regional School Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School Library D110g, 79 Bartlett Street, Northborough (agenda) Agenda Highlights: FY22 Audit report; Discuss School Choice; Agenda and Packet Distribution; Athletic complex Planning Board Conditions of Approval
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ zoom only (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Hearings on 184 Woodland Rd retaining walls, Breakneck Hill Conservation Land native-grass and wildflower meadow, 241-245 Turnpike Road car condos; 40-42 Central Street SMP & OOC amendment; Breakneck Hill dump cleanup and Stewardship Committee involvement; Acceptance of surplus tax title parcels
- Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting, 7:00 pm @ zoom only (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Hearing on 82 Middle Road permit for accessory apartment
- Municipal Technology Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Alignment of tech strategy to meet requirements brought up by master plan committee; Town & School tech status; Transfer Station Electronic Permit Validation System
Thursday, April 27, 2023
- Golf Course Committee Meeting, 9:00 am @ Southborough Golf Clubhouse, 32 Cordaville Road and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Status of tee box movement and paving; Course signage; Course marketing; Financial modeling; Irrigation
- Trottier School Council Meeting, 2:30 pm @ Trottier Middle School Room 132 (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update on School Culture Work; Update on Carnegie Math Curriculum 23-24; Community Conversations; Course Selection and Program of Studies; Schedule Change 24-25
Friday, April 28, 2023
- Board of Health Meeting, 9:30 am @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Kickoff with Collins Center on engagement to explore Regional Public Health structures with Northborough, Boylston, & Southborough
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Town Committee/Board Meetings:
- If in-person meetings don’t also advertise a zoom option, assume that it won’t be broadcast or captured on video.
- To remotely participate in meetings that allow zoom, click here.
- Cable Access — Southborough Access Media has resumed broadcasting the regular evening meetings for the Select Board, Planning Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals that take place in the Town House Hearing Room. (Those meetings will still allow zoom participation.) View SAM’s live and replayed broadcasts via their Government cable access channel (Verizon-38 and Charter-194).
- To live stream (or view later) remote or hybrid meetings (even those covered by Southborough Access Media) over the internet, use the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (The meetings covered by SAM can also be streamed on their website here, and eventually on SAM’s YouTube Channel.)
- School Committee Meetings:
- Subcommittee meetings and some special meetings are only available to attend/view live (in person or by “webinar”) with no later rebroadcast.
- Regular Southborough School Committee meetings are generally broadcast live by Southborough Access Media here and on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. (Video replays are also usually made available through their YouTube channel within a couple of days.)
- Regular Regional School Committee meetings (or Combined meetings based at Algonquin) are live broadcast by Northborough Cable Access here and on Southborough’s Education Channel (Verizon-29 and Charter-194). The meetings are also eventually rebroadcast and available through NCAT’s VideoOnDemand player and YouTube channel (though that can take several days).
- Southborough does participate in some regional collaboratives hosted in other towns. Those committees follow their own rules and may not offer a way to re-watch zoom meetings.