Fire Department reminds you to keep vertical vents clear

by susan on December 23, 2008

In case you missed it, we had a lot of snow this weekend. While you’re out shoveling your driveway and walkways, the Southborough Fire Department urges you to clear outside vents of snow and ice.

Many appliances vent horizontally out the side of your house, including gas and oil furnaces, burners, and hot water heaters, gas clothes dryers, gas fireplaces, and kerosene and wood pellet stoves. If snow and ice block the vents, carbon monoxide can build up inside your home.

If you’re not sure whether your home has this type of venting system, you can call the Southborough Fire Department at 508-485-3235.

Previous post:

Next post: