Commission orders outdoor work stopped at Southborough Medical

by susan on January 31, 2011

Post image for Commission orders outdoor work stopped at Southborough Medical

Above: The Southboro Medical Group facility on Newton Street

My Southborough contributor Kathryn Marous attended last week’s Conservation Commission meeting and filed this report.

Outdoor work has been halted at the expansion of Southborough Medical until at least March 3 by order of the Conservation Commission.

Last night the commission opted to keep in place its enforcement order to cease work at 24 and 32 Newton Street. The commission wants to ensure erosion and sediment are stabilized, said Conservation Commission member Rhonda Russian.

Russian said the actual work done so far is different than the plans the commission approved. “We are dealing with a situation where … the stormwater basin is over 50 percent larger than designed,” she said. “A retaining wall that was supposed to be 70 feet is now 900 feet.”

The commission unanimously voted to ask the applicant, builders Peter and Ding On Kwan, to submit a formal amendment to the Order of Conditions. The commission asked that it be comprehensive enough to address both Conservation Commission and Planning Board concerns.

The next hearing on the enforcement order will be March 3, 2011 at 7:30 pm at the Town House.

(Full disclosure: Kathryn lives near Southborough Medical’s Newton Street campus.)

Previous post:

Next post: