Breaking news: A student from Trottier has died

by susan on January 12, 2012

It breaks my heart to bring you this news, although I suspect a good number of you already know. Trottier Middle School seventh grader Eric Green passed away last night at his home from complications of a seizure condition. He was 12 years old.

In a letter to parents, Trottier Principal Keith Lavoie said the school’s crisis team assembled as soon as they heard the news. Students were later informed of Eric’s death by their homeroom teachers. The district-wide student support team was at Trottier to offer additional support to those students who needed it.

Because they ride the bus with Trottier students, Neary students were also told the news by their teachers, so they wouldn’t hear it first from others on the bus. “We plan to tell our students about Eric’s death and explain that whether or not students knew Eric, either of his siblings or the family, we have lost a member of our community,” Neary Principal Linda Murdock wrote in an email to parents.

After hearing the news, Neary students were given time to ask questions and write cards if they chose too. Both Neary and Trottier eventually returned to their normal school schedules, with both principals noting the importance of routine.

“We’ll remember Eric as a smart, caring young man who loved his school and community. He was well connected to Trottier with many friends, and he brought his passion for learning and intellectual curiosity to all of his academic work,” Lavoie wrote. “He loved being a part of our band and his dedication to excelling at his trumpet playing made him a stellar member of our elite Big Band group. He will be missed.”

Funeral arrangements have not yet been announced, but I’ll pass them along when they are.

Please join me in keeping Eric’s family in your thought and prayers. Parents, hug your children extra tight tonight.

1 Gretchen Hartnett January 12, 2012 at 6:06 PM

The world has lost a treasure today. Eric Green was truly all good. Simply one of the kindest, brightest, hardest working and sweetest boys there could ever be. He was a role model for his friends, peers and for all grown-ups as well. He will be deeply and sorely missed. It was an honor to have him in our lives. His star will surely shine bright tonight. Peace to the Greens.

2 Tom Shoemaker January 12, 2012 at 6:47 PM

God bless you Eric. Peace and comfort to the Green family and friends.

3 Trottier Student January 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Eric Green was an amazing kid. His hard work was an inspiration to all of trottier. I knew him from band. He was an unbelievable Trumpeter. His hard work and aditude rubbed off on the Big Band and the Concert Band. We are all going to miss him. Eric was not only a great musician but a great friend. He would reach out to anyone and was incredibly kind.
I will never forget Eric

4 CRD January 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM

RIP Eric, We will all miss you. Prayers and Thoughts for the family.

5 Amy Richardson January 12, 2012 at 7:14 PM

As my son has said for years- one of the nicest boys around- My heart breaks for the Greens. You truly raised a wonderful boy- There are no words just know you have a whole community behind you. Our prayers are with you- Eric you will be missed but we will never forget you!

6 Trottier Student January 12, 2012 at 7:17 PM

A text went around…trottier will wear green tomorrow

7 Another Trottier Student January 12, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Eric was one of the most amazing kids I knew. Everyday he would come to school with a smile on his face. He was also a complete genius. I didn’t know him that well, but I remember the kindness that he gave me, like helping me with my math homework. School is going to feel empty without him there. Eric was so talented at school, lacrosse, and trumpet and was an outstanding young man. He lived a short but incredible life. My heart goes out to his friends and family.
I would also like to remind trottier students to wear green tomorrow to honor Eric.

8 Anna Stephens January 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM

The Worcester academy (where many students from southborough go there) will be “going green” by wearing green for our dress down day tomoro. A mass email was sent out to the school.

9 Pat Quill January 13, 2012 at 10:46 AM

St. John’s High School in Shrewsbury also wore green today in celebration of
Eric Green’s life and in support of his family………all organized by Southborough boys. So proud of our kids.

10 Dustin Hartnett January 12, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Eric was an amazing kid. He was one of my very close friends and was always kind to me and everyone he saw. He always had nice and positive things to say to people. He was also an excellent trumpet player. I was in Big Band with him and he always sounded great. I admire how he always gave 110% no matter what he was doing. People around our school would always consider themselves Eric’s friend because he was always so nice to them and he included everyone. Eric will always be in our hearts. Rest in peace. We miss you. My good wishes go to all friends and family.
Dustin Hartnett

11 Trottier Student 2 January 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM

All students from trottier excperienced a terrible loss today as i walked down the hall today i saw sadness. As a member of the trottier student body i did not have the privilage of getting to know Eric but he was said to be nice, funny, and smart. I hope he rests in peace and he will always be remembered as a great person. Any parents thats are reading this remind your child to wear green to school tomorrow to honor Eric and all of his acomplishments. He will be forever missed. They say the good die young, i believe that it is so they can enjoy heaven longer than those who live a full life. Again rest in peace Eric
-Jenna Bayko

12 Nick Libby January 12, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Eric was the most positive kid I knew. He was always happy. I can’t remember a time when someone was angry with him or the other way around. Just like Dustin, I had the pleasure of being in Big Band and Concert Band with him. He always was ready to go with a cheerful attitude. His athletic and academic ability just put him over the top. With him playing 4 sports and being an A++ student he was the ultimate role model. Everyone in school was his friend no matter who they were.
In honor of Eric, everyone in Trottier should wear green tomorrow.

13 James Walsh January 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Eric was truly a nice kid. I met him in third grade on my basketball team. Since then I never really got to know him that well, but now I wish I knew him better. Today the whole grade was in complete shock when we got the news. He was on two of my basketball teams and on one my baseball teams. He was also an outstanding trumpet player in the Big Band and I enjoyed listening to his solos. He also got a Trottier P.A.C.E. Award last year, for being an outstanding student. All I know was he was one of the nicest, smartest, and most talented kids I ever met. I wish he was still around so I could have gotten to know him better. Rest in Peace Eric.
P.S. Everyone wear green tomorrow.

14 Tracy Bertonazzi January 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Sending thoughts and prayers to the Green family. My heart is breaking for you as you face the loss of your young son. Know that even if we don’t personally know you we will keep you and Eric in our prayers as you face the difficult days ahead. May God bless you and bring you peace.

Another Southboro Mom

15 Danny Fier January 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Eric was a great kid, and a wonderful person. He was kind, caring, and friendly to everyone. He always tried his hardest, especially on the trumpet in band. He was a great friend and neighbor, and all of us have many fond memories of Eric. He will be greatly missed in the community, and we will remember him forever. My best wishes go to his family. Rest in Peace, Eric.

16 ARHS Student January 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM

It’s amazing to see what an amazing community we have.. students of Southboro schools aren’t the only ones affected by this loss.. Algonquin has been feeling the pain and everyone is affected in some way. We’re all planning to “go green” tomorrow. The entire school is truly devastated that such a tragedy could occur to two of our own classmates- Eric’s older siblings. We’re coming together and helping support the family in all ways possible. The people of this community are showing how truly supportive they are in times of need. Keep the Greens in your prayers and may Eric’s memory live on. Rest in peace little man.. we’re all thinking of you over here

17 Anupma Nath January 13, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Eric’s death is such a shockingly sad ! We will keep praying for the family. May God give them the courage to face this hard time !

Southboro Mom,

Anu

18 Another Trottier Student January 13, 2012 at 7:01 AM

People can also honor Eric by writing a green EG on their hand. R.I.P Eric <3

19 Don Axline January 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM

What an unbelievable loss! I had the opportunity to help coach Eric in youth lacrosse. He always came to play, both in practice and at games. He was focused, hard working, talented, respectful, driven, dedicated, and much, much more. Just a joy to be around and have the opportunity to work with. He will be dearly missed! My thoughts and prayers go out to the Green Family and all friends.

“Those we love don’t go away,
They walk beside us every day,
Unseen, unheard, but always near,
Still loved, still missed and very dear.”

Don Axline

20 The Dyer Family January 13, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Words can not express our deepest sympathy to the family, friends, and community for the sudden tragic passing of an all-star well rounded beautiful young man who will always be remembered as talented, a Scout, brilliant, athletic, and friend to all. An Angel must have been needed in Heaven to be taken from such a wonderful family. Our thoughts, prayers, and strength to comfort you will be with you always Green family. XO Barbara, Paul, Mark, Sierra Dyer

21 The McDonald Family January 13, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Many hearts are broken in our community today. We are so very sorry for your loss. May you find strength in your family, friends and our community. To Erics siblings: Be strong for each other and for your parents. I know ARHS will be there for you. Find support and love from all those around you. Reading the comments, Eric was a special boy who touched many in a short time. You should all be very proud.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Parents: treasure your children and be kind… no matter the challenges.

Another Southboro Mom who cares

22 Anna Stephens January 13, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Wow what an amazing out pouring response at Worcester academy for wearing green to honor eric : )
Rest in peace angel,
Anna Stephens and The Stephens family

23 Judy Boyle January 13, 2012 at 10:02 AM

My heart goes out to the Green Family. God Bless You All!

While I am sure there are many people asking what they can do, please know that there are several dozens of volunteers at Northborough/Southborough Neighbor Brigade who are on stand-by…this week or next year…to assist with meals, shopping, pet walking, rides, house cleaning etc. I have attached the website here!

24 Alex Pietropaolo January 13, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Eric was the nicest kid I have ever met. It was such a shocker. I remember just yesterday him in math class sitting directly behind me, seemingly fine. He had such life long potential. He was intelligent, thoughtful, respectful, and very good at the trumpet. He was a well rounded kid. Its not fair what happened. Only thirteen…. rest in peace Eric we will never forget you.

25 Rachel January 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM

My heart goes out to the family. May God comfort you.

26 Eileen Prefontaine January 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Our family was so sorry to hear about Eric’s passing, and our deepest sympathies go out to his family and his friends.

27 Bob & Fran Flynn January 13, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Our prayers go out to Suzy, Peter, Kristy & Alex on the loss of a wonderful son and brother. Eric had a sparkle in his eyes and joy in his heart when he did the things he loved. His passion for lacrosse was always evident on his smiling face as a player on the Northborough-Southborough Tomahawks for the past five seasons. Just last fall he had the opportunity to hang out with the captain of the local professional lacrosse team and the championship trophy, at the Southborough House of Pizza. We will all miss him greatly. – Bob & Fran Flynn

28 Morgan Magnussen January 13, 2012 at 12:47 PM

The Green family is so incredible and so strong. I’ve known them for a few years now and have been blessed with having Kristy Green as a friend. From the times I got to spend with Eric I could tell he was a remarkable kid and so full of heart. I knew Eric to always be smiling and I know that up in heaven is smiling down on us so proud of all the support our community is giving the Greens. He is now a beautiful angel resting in paradise.

29 Tommy Wendt January 13, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Eric was nicest and smartest kid i have ever met. He will be greatly missed. R.I.P Eric Green

30 The Fuce Family January 13, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Our sincerest sympathy to Suzy, Peter, Christy, and Alex. What a tragedy to lose your wonderful brother and son. I have always enjoyed seeing Alex as an amazing big brother for Eric…two brothers, so alike in so many ways–what a memory to treasure as you go through life, Alex. A family of strong faith–we will be with you in prayer and support.

31 Natalie- a trottier 7th grader January 13, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Eric was the nicest kid. He always was smiling and that smile will never be forgotten. He was also the smartest kid. He was in one of my classes and would always get 100% on his tests and would always answer questions right. It’s upsetting to think he’s gone and I will never forget him. And to Mr and Mrs Green, you did a great job raising him. My best wishes go out to the Greens and I will always pray for them.

32 Lizzy Quill January 13, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Eric your presence is missed and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Rest in peace.

33 A Classmate of Eric's January 13, 2012 at 4:48 PM

It is such a terrible loss, and I am still utterly shocked. At school today, 99% of the students were wearing green. That in itself shows how many of us admired Eric’s love of learning and his forever positive attitude. There was also a large number of people that were so saddened that they had to leave school. My heart aches for The Green Family and all of his friends, especially the ones who were strong enough to return to school today. Though his life was so tragically short, he should be proud of the impact that he had on all of the people who had the honor of knowing him.
Rest In Peace.

34 Danielle & Sandy Hastie January 13, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Even though I didn’t know him my daughter Danielle did
we are very sorry to he this new our thoughts go out to
the family, and Eric rest in peace and God Bless you with
all our sympathy the Hastie’s

35 Carey Davis January 13, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Eric, no matter what, had a smile on his face. He never stopped laughing or being friendly. Even though some of us didn’t know him very well, Eric was a friend to everyone. He excelled in band with us and he was the perfect person to look up too… and still is. Eric, I will always remember you smiling and having a good time. You will never be forgotten. Rest in peace and my thoughts go out to your family.

36 Annelise Eppen January 13, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I don’t know how to put into words what I felt when I heard about Eric’s passing. I am so used to see his smiling face at school everyday, and hearing of all his wonderful acedemic, musical, and athletic accomplishments. I wasn’t particularly close with Eric, and I wish I got to know him better because he was such an incredible young man. There is something that we can all learn from Eric. It is to live your life to the fullest potential with a positive attitude and smile on your face. Though Eric’s life came to a tragic end, his legacy lives on in all our hearts. Rest in peace Eric.
“So much of me
Is made from what I learned from you.
You’ll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart.”
-For Good (Wicked)

37 Morkerts January 13, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Melican Middle also honored Eric with green today. Although I have never met him, he has touched so many others, including my family. God must have really needed such a special person. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. Be strong and remember all the good times to keep his memory with you always.

38 Ian Bourdon January 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Eric excelled in anything he tried and he tried many different things. He was a good friend and would always cheer you up even when times were sad. Myself and many other people miss him so much and he will always be in our hearts. His death was a shock to many and it has brought about so much sadness, but even in this time of grief we must move on with our life and not bring with us the sadness of his death, but the happy memories he has given us.
R.I.P
-Ian B
P.S If any of his family reads this i want to say that I am terribly sorry for your loss

39 Jenna January 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM

When I heard that Eric has passed away I was so shocked. I didn’t feel like it was real. I can’t believe that I will never see Eric again. He was on my bus and I remember him always giving me a piece of gum. I did not really know Eric that well, but I do know that he was very smart, athletic, and SO nice. Eric you will be missed by everyone. He was in the trotter big band for the trumpet. I remember him talking about how he wanted to be a rocket scientist when he grew up- and we all knew that it was very much possible with him. Eric please rest in piece
Jenna

40 Matt Petry January 13, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Eric was very friendly to everyone in the school even if you were not his friend you still consider him your friend. he played 4 different sports with me and did band and boy scouts with me. He will be missed a lot and my memories with him I will never forgot. Rest in peace Eric.

41 Hannah Grinblatas January 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Eric was an amazing student. He was so smart, funny, and extremely talented. He wad in my homeroom and it will never be the same again without his presence. I knew him well enough to know, that Eric was always a great friend and no matter what the circumstances, he never took the smile off his face. Alll love goes out to the Green family.

Rest in peace Eric

42 Jordyn Woodworth January 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Eric wasn’t just a nice guy that did nice things, he put everyone else in front of him. Like he himself didnt matter and that he only could take care of everyone else. Last year I remember him sitting next to me in science. We talked all the time he told me that he wanted to do great stuff when he got older. I bet Eric could’ve done anything he set his mind to, he could probably cure cancer completley. Eric was so smart and worked so hard on everything always giving 200% when only 100% was needed. He always had a smile on his face, the only time I didnt see him smiling was when he wasn’t around. Most people thought he was serious, and smart. But, the people who thought that never really stopped to listen. If you listened to him long enough you wouldn’t be able to stop smiling. He was great at eveything he did because he worked so hard. When we were little I thought Eric was the coolest kid ever and I still do. I looked up to him, I envied him. He was the person that I always wanted to be. When I first heard the news I was speechless just thinking about him not being in this world anymore. That shattered my heart into a thousand tiny pieces. I had just seen him on the bus just talked to him. I remember all the times he used to run out to the bus with his trumpet in his hand. When we got our school pictures back he didn’t like his and some people were all like they look great! What are you talking about, then him mumbling something under his breath and shaking his head and we all started laughing so hard. I dont rememer anything bad about him, there was nothing bad about Eric. On January 12, 2012 the world lost one of the greatest kids who could have ever lived. Eric had a great life ahead of him, to think about not passing him in the halls and seeing his smile brighten up a room is the sadest thing ever imaginable. Eric Green will forever remain in our hearts. Rest in Peace…My thoughts and prays go out to the Green family, I am so sorry for your loss.
Jordyn

43 Regan Doherty January 14, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Eric will be missed by everyone especially the 7th graders who got the chance to known Eric and see his smiling face in the hallways or in classrooms. He will forever live on in our hearts and memories. Rest in peace Eric u will be loved missed and never forgotten <3

44 Chloe- a trottier student January 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I have never seen one student pull together a school the way Erics passing has. I know for a fact that he would’ve gone on to do bigger and better things somewhere. Thats just the way he was, i played the trumpet with Eric in the Big Band, a couple days before his passing, Eric got the privelage of doing a solo for one of our songs, “Let the good times roll” he definately deserved it, because he is always working his hardest and helping others. If i ever had a question on fingering, i went to Eric. The day before he passed, i asked him what the fingering for the note was and he told me “1 and 2” in my head i thought he was completely wrong but low and behold, when i checked my fingering chart, he was right. Even though Eric is not with us physically no matter what we Are doing or where we are going, Eric will forever have a spot in our hearts. Eric has made our community a better place. Only the Good Die Young

45 Brendan Foley January 14, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I have been so privileged to ever be friends with Eric Green. He was the most intelligent kid I knew and he always got an A+. Just a few days ago I was talking to him and now I realize he never made anyone upset or ever annoyed anyone. His death is a shock to us all and we will never forget this one of a kind student. Once Trottier middle school heard of his passing many kids ran through the school weeping and tried to manage the void they now have in their hearts, but Eric who always put others before him would want us to be happy and continue without him. I am truly sorry for your loss to anyone who knew him and I know we will never forget him.
RIP
Brendan Foley

46 trottier student January 14, 2012 at 12:40 PM

I got the incredible privilege to be in almost all of Eric Greens classes & to talk wit him every day. Eric was such a happy soul, always smiling. He had such an inspiring spirit within him that motivates each & everyone one of us. Eric’s positive attitude made it easy for Eric to succeed in school and sports. He was such an amazing person & a friend I will never forget. It is never going to be the same without him a part of our 7th grade class, a puzzle piece that can never be replaced but it will never be forgotten. As a grade we will pull together and recognize that one student can change hundreds. We will always have Eric in our hearts. Eric’s family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Rest easy Eric

47 Isabella Bogdanski January 14, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Eric, you were a great kid. You were always smart, happy, and funny. You always excelled in everything and were amazing at sports. I can’t imagine living with a seizure condition but you lived through it. You were optimistic about everything and were so nice and kind to everyone. We will all miss you Eric, no matter what. Rest in Peace Eric
<3 Isabella

48 Melissa Nash, Neary School PE Teacher January 14, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Eric was one of the sweetest, most hard-working students that I have ever taught. During both of the years that I taught Eric PE, he never gave less than his best, and he always had encouraging words to say to his classmates. Eric was chosen as a “Supersport” when he was at Neary, and he truly embodied all that we look for in a student when we choose Supersports. He led by example, not only in his athleticism and diligence, but in the quiet way that he did the right thing and made his classmates smile. I am so saddened by the passing of Eric. He was a true treasure, and he will forever remain an inspiration to all who were lucky enough to know him.

49 Ben Thorup January 14, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Eric green was one of the nicest people that I have ever known. I will always remember him as the person that never yelled at anybody and was always kind. He sat in back of me during band in sixth grade and I could always hear him doing the piece perfectly. During my soccer game on Friday, we all put green tape on our left arms and drew EG on our arms were people could easily see it. It definitely inspired us to be like him and go 110% the whole time. We won that game and we knew that it was Eric who inspired us.
Eric, we will all miss you.
Ben Thorup

50 Katie- 5th grader January 14, 2012 at 3:41 PM

i know many students who had to excuse themselves from their homerooms when our teachers told us that eric had passed away. i did not personally know him but many of my freinds said he was very nice to them if he ever was near them. i am so sorry for his family’s loss. most of Neary school-including me- wore green last friday. there were many emails going around about wearing green- i recieved three on thursday night. it really shows how a community can get together and help each other. southborough is truly an amazing town.

51 Nick DeMarco January 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I was lucky to call Eric a teammate in town basketball and in his honor today our team is wearing green socks and our coaches are wearing the ribbons we got in school yesterday. R.I.P Eric the nicest kid ever.

Nick DeMarco

52 Jordyn Woodworth January 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Eric’s Poem
By: Me
We know that Heaven is so far away
But that it is a better place
Our friend Eric Green is up there now
We hope that he is looking down
We just wanted to tell him he was in our hearts
From the day we met to the day we part
That he was one of the nicest people we had ever met
And in our minds he will be kept
But we wanted to tell you, the people who are reading this out there
That whether or not Eric knew you he still cared
A trumpet player
A lacrosse player
The smartest kid we knew
On January 11, 2012 Eric got up and flew
To the big open sky
Where he was greeted by…you know that guy
Its all so hard but you have to understand
Everyone will deal with it differently so just lend a hand
You may not cry but feel awful and nauseas inside
Or you may cry so much you cant speak to say
That Eric Green was a role model and he led the way
For us and everyone around
Please, Eric, just look down
To see us here experiencing heartbreak and sorrow
Knowing that you will not be here tomorrow
And even from Heaven while we are apart
We want you to know
That, Eric Green, you touched all of our hearts.

53 Annelise Eppen January 15, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Jordan, that is an amazing and thoughtful poem. I think it would be great if you shared it with Eric’s family. :)

54 Jen January 16, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Jordyn- your poem is excellent :) Eric would have loved it.

55 Bridget Poole- 7th Grader January 14, 2012 at 9:28 PM

On January 12th, 2012 the world lost an amazing kid. Eric Green was a great student, a outstanding trumpet player, and from what I know, a friend you could always count on. I never knew Eric that well, but I cried just as much as everyone else. To hear the silence in the hallways was unbearable. Knowing that everyone had lost an awesome kid hurts. He won a Trottier P.A.C.E. award last year and he was envied by almost everyone, including me. I hope that people realize that we lost a great person that day. He loved sports, and he was in my gym class. On Friday knowing that his name wouldn’t be called broke everyone’s heart. Eric’s parents raised him well, and it showed because he was always kind with a smile on his face. I am so sorry for the Green family, their son was one of the best people I have ever met. We all wore green to honor him. Eric will always be in our hearts. R.I.P Eric Green.

56 Grace Andrus January 15, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Even though I didn’t know Eric, My heart broke when i heard the news,god bless you Eric and your family,R.I.P. Eric <3<3<3,3<3<3<3<3<3<3

57 Mrs. Infantino January 15, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Eric, you are a jewel. I loved watching you have fun cooking with your buddies in my class. Your kindness and gentle manner is something I will never forget. You have a place in my heart forever. I treasure you. Mrs. Infantino

58 Dillon Ford January 15, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Eric Green was a great person whom I feel honored to have met. I am an eighth grader at Trottier and was in Big Band with Eric, along with Boy Scouts for some time. He always tried his best in both band and scouts, but did so quietly and modestly. He was one of the strongest players in our band, and worked hard, never seeking credit. He camped out in my backyard, and on that trip, was never disruptive, never rambunctious, despite other scouts being just those. He did his job well and without complaining. The community has lost a valued member. Eric is in our hearts. RIP

59 Brittany Barlin January 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I can honestly say that Eric was (and still is) the nicest and most talented person
I have ever met. The only time I really talked to him a lot was a long time ago in fourth grade. I remember his handwriting, even as a fourth grader, was beautiful. Like a typewriter, the teachers said. It was true. Eric brought his enthusiasm for everything everywhere he went. Seeing the smile on his face while walking down the halls of Trottier was enough to cheer anyone up, no matter what mood that they may have been in before. The town of southborough is lucky to have had a kid like Eric Green. My condolences to the Green family. You are always in my thoughts.

60 Jen January 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM

The only time I didn’t see Eric smiling is when he wasn’t there, because he was one of the nicest guys’ I ever knew. He sat right next to me in my home room class, and the friendly, laughing grin that wasn’t there was noticeable, like a big chandelier with the main bulb all burned out and dark- you don’t understand what’s missing until you look up and see what it is. It’s so awful that Eric had to leave- I remember when I was little and we’d play tag and Lincoln Logs and block towers. It’s so sad, and my prayers go out for all of the Green family, I’m so sorry for your loss of the clever, kind boy that Eric was.

61 Jen January 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Green Comma Eric
By Jen
It wasn’t fair, why was it you
With all the friendly things you do
Your life was enjoyed with so little hurts
Filled with fun, friends, and band concerts.
Filled with your happiness and your glee
Filled with love from friends and family
You’re in a better place, a place filled with bliss
You are the thing we will all miss
Now, a bit about him, I should probably say
His trumpet, great grades and kind words filled his day
Wonderful friends that cared so badly, and to him
the glass was not half full but up to the brim
His smiles that lit up and warmed the hall
I should’ve known when it was time to call
The attendance that had never happened
The reason why the halls seemed blackened
Without the open, affable grin
That left people beaming wherever he’d been.

Eric will always be remembered
A better a world is what he entered

Rest in peace Eric Green

62 Nate Scaringi January 16, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Nate Scaringi
I was honored to spend some time with him at the mall with some other friends (Thomas Shoemaker, Matt Hurley, Eric, Ben Thorup, Brendan Foley, Jonah O’Brien Weiss) in the last days of his life. He was a very good and athetic student and person. He gave 110% in everything he did. He will be in our hearts forever and ever.

63 The Michalik family January 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

When I heard about Eric, I was just in shock, and so sad. I remember Eric from Cub Scouts and how much Suzy was involved with him and scouting. Eric always had a smile on his face, and seemed like such a happy boy. We are all so sorry for your loss. I know that words can not comfort you right now, and no words ever will. But seeing how much Eric was loved by everyone in this community, can hopefully ease your pain in a small way. He will be missed, and we will think about him every day. We were out of town for his service, so I am sorry we could not attend. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this very difficult time. RIP Eric. The Michalik Family

64 Scott Weiss January 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM

A week later and still, no words can fully express our sadness about the loss of Eric. He was a great friend to our son, and was always an outstanding portrait of a young man. Talented, articulate and a true pleasure to be around; he will be sorely missed. May we all remember the joy and happiness he brought to this world, our community, his friends and his family. And while words are not enough, may the void of his too-soon departure be filled with loving memories of the good and wonderful life he lived. All of our wishes of strength and prayers are with the Green family.

65 Ian Kim March 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Eric to me was my best friend, but he was also a true friend. I remember all the years in woodward,neary, and trottier with him and I think those were the best years of my life. I hope no one should go through this terrible pain. Eric and I would laugh together in all the classes and trips we had together. I just wish I could have said goodbye.

66 Meghan Welch (7th grader) April 11, 2012 at 4:09 PM

It is April now and I am still shocked and saddened by the death of Eric. He still remains in my heart. The day we received the news at Trottier was probably one of the worst days of my life. I didn’t know Eric all that well, but I remember when we met at CCD when we were little and Mrs. Green was our teacher. He was in my Spanish class this year and was in several of my classes in 6th grade. He could have been the next Albert Einstein. I also had the advantage to play in the band with him. Whenever he blew into his trumpet, it was the most beautiful sound and I would savor every second of it. I did go to his funeral and I couldn’t believe that his casket was right in front of me. It just didn’t seem real. The day after he passed, our school came together and supported each other and we all wore green. My brother, Ryan, got the Southborough boys from his school, Saint John’s High in Shrewsbury to go green. Also, for the spring band concert and the MICCA festival the bands wore green. He will always be in my heart. Everyone was and still is saddened, but it proves that God only takes the best.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and family of Eric and to Eric as well.
Meghan Welch<3