MWDN: Man wanted in Southborough copper theft charged

by susan on October 11, 2012

Post image for MWDN: Man wanted in Southborough copper theft charged

Above: Scott MacDonald, 29, was arrested in connection with an attempted copper theft
(photo courtesy of the Southborough Police Department)

When Southborough police interrupted an alleged copper theft in progress at NStar early last month, one suspect was arrested at gunpoint but another was able to run away. The Metrowest Daily News reports this week the suspect who got away was arrested and arraigned recently in Westborough District Court.

Both suspects face charges related to the September copper theft, but turns out the attempted burglary might not have been their first.

Lt. Sean James said police believe both men were involved in previous break-ins at the location recently and could face additional charges relating to those crimes.

On Aug. 22, more than 500 pounds of copper wiring was stolen from the same location, James said, after someone cut through a wire fence. At about $4 per pound, the wire was worth about $2,000, he said.

Judge David Locke released MacDonald without bail on a promise to appear at his next court hearing on Nov. 15, court records show.

You can read more in this article by the MWDN.

{ 2 comments }

1 fomer res October 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM

good job spd, i find it funny that people are so quik to comment when mistakes are made, or things are not being done they way they would like. but no comments of praise when the hard work of the spd pays off.. great job spd

2 Lisa Cappello October 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Agreed!

Previous post:

Next post: