The sun may be out today, but like many in town, you may still be dealing with the effects of last weekend’s rain. For some, yards are still squishy. For others, water may linger in basements and crawl spaces.
And if you had water in your house, mold can be a problem. The Southborough Emergency Management Agency passed along this information from the state on how to clean up and dry out.
DEALING WITH MOLD
Clean and Dry Out Your Home as Soon as Possible
If a home has water damage from the flooding, mold could develop in as short of a time as 24 to 48 hours of water exposure and may continue to grow until steps are taken to thoroughly dry out the premises and eliminate the source of moisture. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that mold can be recognized by wall and ceiling discoloration, and a musty, earthy odor. (keep reading)