The library is closed today for the Patriots Day holiday, but they have a jam-packed schedule for the rest of the week as part of their ongoing Poetry Festival. Here’s what’s going on for both kids and adults.
- Wednesday, 2:00 pm – Animals From Around the World: Presented by The Creature Teachers, Children age 3 and up are invited to meet and learn about a variety of animals from many places. Please register at Children’s Room desk or by calling 508-485-5031.
- Thursday, 1:00 pm – Poems/Limericks/Tongue Twisters Contest: Children of all ages: bring in your best poem or limerick, and share it with your library friends. Try your best to complete some tongue twisters and win a prize! Sign up at the Library.
- Friday, 10:30 am – Poetry for Kids: All kids are invited to hear poetry being read by Southborough special guests, including Assistant Town Administrator Vanessa Hale and DPW Superintendent Karen Galligan. Funny poems will be featured!
- Saturday, 10:30 am – Alphabet Adventures Storytime: Join Ms. Jenn to learn and explore the alphabet with stories, songs, and games. Best for toddlers through early elementary children.
- Wednesday, 4:00 pm – Tea and Scones and Poetry: Join the Daughters of the British Empire for Tea, poetry readings of English poetry, and refreshment in our beautiful front room. Bring a favorite English poem, and hear it read by one of our British dames of literary distinction. And bring a friend! Register by calling the library at 508-485-5031.
- Thursday, 3:30 pm – Poetry Workshop: Explore Poetry and Mystery with our Poet in Residence, Anna Catone. Listen to poems of mystery and try to write one of your own. Workshop limited to 15 students, ages 14 – 104. Please sign up at the library. Call for more information 508-485-5031.
- Friday, 3:30 pm – Poetry Reading by Anna Catone and the Students of the Thursday Poetry Workshops: Anna Catone, Southborough Library’s Poet in Residence in April, will read some of her poems. If you wish to read a poem you have written – come on in! Seating is limited – Sign up at the Library.
For more information, visit the Southborough Library website (www.southboroughlib.org).