Heritage Day is fast approaching, and the excitement is building. All your favorites from last year will make a return this year, including the scarecrow contest, road race, pumpkin lighting, parade, and pie-eating contest.
Leading the parade this year will be the Championship Southborough Little League team. Cruising not far behind will be Southborough’s brand new ladder truck making its debut. Also making a debut in the parade will be the Trottier Middle School Marching Band. Quite the line-up!
If you or your group wishes to participate in the parade, or if you have questions about Heritage Day, contact the Recreation Office at 508-229-4452.
Here’s the schedule of events for the weekend.
Saturday, October 9
- 3:00 – 5:00 pm Scarecrow contest drop off at Community House. Winner will be announced October 11th. Scarecrows will be on display through October 16th
Sunday, October 10
- 9:00 am Registration for Heritage Day Road Race sponsored by the Rotary Club
- 10:00 am Start time for race – Neary School
- 2:00 – 6:00 pm Historical Society Museum Open House
- 4:30 – 6:30 pm Light Up Southborough Pumpkin drop-off in front of Library
- 7:00 – 8:30 pm Pumpkin lighting & viewing on Common St.
Monday, October 11
- 7:00 – 9:30 am Vendor set-up, St. Marks field
- 9:00 am – 2:00 pm Autumn Fair at Southborough Senior Center (9 Cordaville Road)
- 9:30 am Vendors open; Parade line-up at St. Anne’s Church
- 10:00 am Annual Heritage Day Parade begins (Boston Rd., Main St., Cordaville Rd.)
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Annual Friends of the Library book sale
- 11:00 am – 2:00 pm Fire Dept. Open House
- 11:30 am – 2:00 pm Luncheon at the Community House, $7/meal, $6/senior citizens (no child size meal or rate)
- 2:00 pm 4th Annual Pie Eating Contest – Sign up at Gazebo
- 3:30 pm Vendors close & clean up