Ed note: I wanted to bump the Heritage Day schedule of events back up to the top of the page, since I suspect many of you will be looking for it, so I’m republishing this post from earlier in the week. For information on where to park, see this post.
Here’s the Heritage Day schedule of events. The fun starts on Sunday with the Rotary-sponsored road race in the morning and pumpkin lighting in the event. The main event on Monday kicks off with the annual Heritage Day parade and continues with music, games, and family fun.
Sunday, October 9
- 9:00 am: Registration for Heritage Day Road Race-Rotary Club
- 10:00 am: Start time for race – Neary School
- 1:00 – 4:00 pm: Historical Society Museum Open House (behind Pilgrim Church)
- 4:30 – 6:30 pm: Light Up Southborough Pumpkin Drop-off in front of Library
- 7:00 – 8:30 pm: Pumpkin Lighting & Viewing on Common St.
Monday, October 10
- 7:00 – 9:30 am: Vendor set-up, St. Marks Field (Route 30 & Route 85)
- 9:30 am: Vendors open
- 9:30 am: Parade line-up at St. Anne’s Church
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm: Friends of Southborough Library Book Sale at the Library
- 10:00 am: Annual Heritage Day Parade begins (Boston Road > Main Street > Cordaville Road)
- 10:00 am – 3:00 pm: DJ’s Rick Scott & Charlie Pim
- 10:30 – 10:45 am: Magician performance at the Gazebo area
- 11:00 am –2:00 pm: Fire Department Open House
- 1:00 pm: SkyRise Children’s Theater performance – Magic Wings (parody of Thumbelina) at the Gazebo area
- 11:30 am – 2:00 pm: Luncheon at the Community House; $7/meal, $6/senior citizens (no child size meal or rate)
- 11:30 am -12:00 pm: Magician performance at the Community House
- 2:00 pm: 5th Annual Pie Eating Contest Sponsored by Fay School; Sign up and contest held at Gazebo (ages 10 and 14)
- 3:30 pm: Vendors close & clean up