There has been no shortage of talk lately about the rising cost of gas. According to AAA Southern New England, the average price for a gallon of unleaded in Massachusetts this week is $3.739, up 2 cents from last week and 13 cents from a month ago.
So where is the cheapest place to get gas in Southborough? As of Tuesday afternoon when I checked, there was a 26 cent spread between the lowest and highest prices in town. Only one station – the Gulf station on Route 9 west – was below the state average for a gallon of regular unleaded. Here’s the round-up.
- Falconi Brothers, 29 Boston Road: $3.96
- Gulf (Southborough Auto Tech), 145 Boston Road: $3.78
- Mobile, 76 Worcester Road: $3.83
- Gulf, 344 Turnpike Road (Route 9 east): $3.75
- Gulf, 365 Turnpike Road (Route 9 west): $3.70