Last Saturday you should have found a plastic grocery bag hanging on your mailbox. The bags were distributed throughout town by local Scouts as part of their annual Scouting For Food drive. Your job is to fill the bag with pantry items and leave it out by your mailbox this coming Saturday for the Scouts to pick up.
Wonder what exactly you should fill the bag with? Here’s a list of items the Southborough Food Pantry particularly needs — it’s more than just food. Pantry volunteers say the most important thing you can do is check to make sure food items are not past their expiration date.
- canned meats
- white tuna
- canned fruits & vegetables
- tomato products ( pasta sauce, diced, stewed )
- rices & pastas
- peanut butter & jelly
- coffee and tea
- Parmalat 1% milk
- cake/muffin/brownie mixes
- paper products (towels, napkins, toilet paper, tissues)
- shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste
- detergents (laundry & dish)