The deadline for filing nomination papers to run for town office has come and gone. The good news is there is a candidate for each available spot. The not-so-good news is there is only one contested race this year, that for one of the seats on the Library Board of Trustees.
Here’s a look at the names you’ll see on the ballot at town elections in May.
- Board of Assessors (vote for one): Joseph Green
- Board of Commissioners of Trust Funds (vote for one): Nicholas McCoy*
- Board of Health (vote for one): Mary Lou Woodford*
- Board of Selectmen (vote for one): John Rooney*
- Board of Library Trustees, 3-year term (vote for two): Marguerite Landry*, Richard Wallace*
- Board of Library Trustees, 2-year term (vote for one): Nicole DeBonet, P. Jane Gale
- Town Moderator (vote for one): David Combs*
- Northborough-Southborough Regional School Committee (vote for one): Daniel Kolenda*
- Planning Board (5-year term, vote for one): Andrew Mills*
- Southborough School Committee (vote for one): Richard Challen
- Southborough Housing Authority (vote for one): Jean Chappelle*
Town elections will be held on Monday, May 13.
Note to the candidates: As I have in past election seasons, I offer any of you space on the blog to get your message across. If you’re interested in doing a ‘Meet the Candidate’ post, please get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org).