If you are looking for something for your kids to do next week, here’s what the Southborough Recreation Department has to offer.
Programs Week of August 5 to August 9
Sports camps and lessons:
- Archery (entering Grades 3 to 6) – registration deadline this Thursday, August 1st
- Youth Tennis Clinics at Neary Richardson Courts (ages 3.5 to 16)
- Junior Golf at Juniper Hill (ages 6.5 and up)
- Swim Lessons at McCarthy Pool (ages 2.5 to 7)
- Horse riding and animal farming camps at Lil Farm (ages 4 to 16)
- Finn School 1/2 day – ages 2.9 to entering 1st grade
- Theme for the week: Heroes Week: Special Guests to include Southborough Police & Fire Departments. In addition to regular activities,extra highlights will include, but are not limited to, a visit from the Police and Fire Department. Meet our Southborough Heroes and climb into their police car and fire trucks. Ring the Police and fire truck sirens. DPW will also come with their Front End Loader that you can climb into. come to camp as your favoriate Superhero. Superhero crafts such as capes and amsks and super power wands are planned.
- Woodward School 1/2 day – entering 2nd grade to entering 5th grade
- Theme for the week: Exploring FAY: This week campers will be have the opportunity to explore Fay CAmp Discovery. Trips will be scheduled a few times a week over to FAy School. Our campers will be able to joing Fay Traditional campers in their activities to include but not limited to :fishing, nature, outdoor adventure, soccer, and vareity of sport.
Extended care options – Each week, a few spots are available for children from Kid’s Kamp or Klub to be transported to Southborough’s Extended Day Camp. For more details, click here.
The following camps are scheduled for August 12 to August 16 – but the registration deadline is within a week:
- Kids on Camera (ages 7 to 13) – deadline Thursday, August 1st
- All Skills Girls Volleyball Clinic (entering grades 8 and up) – deadline Thursday, August 1st
- Around the World Sports (ages 7 to 13) August 12 to August 16 – 9:00 am to 12:00 pm – Monday, August 5th