If you have children beginning school break, you may be worried that by the end of the week they’ll be climbing the walls. (Or that you will be.)
There’s not much happening next week in town. But if you have 6-11 year olds, you can ship them off to a two day workshop that will keep them entertained while they learn.
Note: this program has low enrollment which may force cancellation. So enroll by noon on Monday, before it’s too late!
Chemical Magic—Magical Microscopes , Rocks and Minerals
(Thursday and Friday, December 27 and 28, 9 to 4:30 pm) @ South Union Building
Ages 6 to 11, $140 per child.
- Learn to make batteries from fruits or potatoes.
- Make a fantastic crystal tree.
- Work with invisible ink.
- See the magical happy and sad balls in action.
- Work with our powerful magnets. Look at our prepared slides using microscopes.
- Learn about the different types of rocks and minerals from our interesting rock and mineral collection.
- Be a chemical detective.
- Make glob from glue.
- Use paper chromatography to separate colors.
- Make dirty pennies turn clean and make clean pennies turn green.
Everything will be explained to you so you can go home having learned some interesting science. Hands-on science is the best way to learn. Do it the Sciensational way!
To register, call the Southborough Recreation Department at 508-229-4452.