Here is a selection of the committee and department meetings for the week. The one that should attract the most attention this week is the Board of Selectmen.
This Tuesday, the BOS plan to follow through on their promise to appoint a working group to review the Main Street reconstruction project and try to address resident concerns.
I’ve already spoken to one resident who was confused, thinking Town Meeting had voted this down. One difference with this Working Group (pitched by selectmen before and at Town Meeting as an alternative to the citizen petition-driven committee) is this one is tasked to report out prior to the State Public Hearing slated for June 18th. Another is that this group will report directly to the BOS.
All the below meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by. Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For a complete list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, April 28, 2014:
- Planning Board, 7:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Recap Annual Town Meeting, next steps
Tuesday, April 29, 2014:
- Neary School Council, 3:00 pm @ Neary School Conference Room, 53 Parkerville Road (agenda)
- Board of Selectmen, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda, Packet) Agenda Highlights: Appoint members of Main Street Design Working Group, term to expire June 30th; Earth removal permit for Park Central site.
- Southborough Stewardship Committee, 7:00 pm @ Country Kitchen, Cordaville Hall, 9 Cordaville Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Invasive control plan for Breakneck Hill Conservation Land; land management for pollinator habitat
Wednesday, April 30, 2014:
- Northborough, Southborough, Northborough/Southborough Policy Development and Review Subcommittees, 5:00 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett Street, Northborough (agenda)
- Northborough, Southborough, Northborough/Southborough, Superintendency Union #3 School Committees Combined Meeting, 6:00 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett Street, Northborough (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Assabet Valley Collaborative – votes for Capital Project Reserve Fund and initial funding of OPEB trust
- Northborough/Southborough Regional School Committee, 7:00 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett Street, Northborough (agenda)