Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Monday, October 6, 2014:
- Anderson Family fundraiser (6:00 – 10:00 pm) @ Pinz Entertainment in Milford: Trivia games with prizes, silent auctions, food and a cash bar. Entry costs $20 per person. See dedicated post for details
Tuesday, October 7, 2014:
- The Poet Tea: Afternoon Tea & Poetry (3:00 – 4:30 pm) @ Southborough Library (Front room, Main Floor): Join a few metrowest Brits for an afternoon of tea and poetry on the library’s historical main floor. Listen to readings of and eclectic collections of poems on the topic of edibles. Tea and light refreshments will be served.
Wednesday, October 8, 2014:
- “One Book” event – Organ Transplant Discussion (6:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: Following the discussion of One Book, One School, One Community book, Unwind by Neal Shusterman, we will have Penny Brown, a kidney recipient talk about her experience receiving a kidney.
- ARHS Financial Aid Night – Senior Parents (7:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School
Thursday, October 9, 2014:
- NECC student Art Show & Fundraiser (9:00 am – 6:00 pm) @ Waiting room of J. White’s Automotive, 1800 Worcester Rd, Framingham: The local business is holding an art show and fundraiser for the Southborough school for autistic children. You can read more about it in an article by Worcester Telegram & Gazette. T&G writes: “There is no set price for the students’ artwork. Buyers are encouraged to pay whatever they are comfortable with and consider it a donation to NECC’s Annual Fund.”
- Legos at the Library (3:45 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to come build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
- Teen Advisory Group (6:00 – 7:00 pm) @ Southborough Library’s Teen Space: Want to help the library!? This group usually meets once a month to help brainstorm future teen events and suggest new materials for the library’s YA collection. For Middle & High School ages.
Saturday, October 11, 2014:
- Holliston CF Cycle for Life (9:00 am) @ Holliston: Cystic Fibrosis biking fundraiser. See dedicated post for details.
- Wicked Mud Run III (11:00 am) @ Ward Hill Ski Area, 100 Main Street, Shrewsbury: 5K Race Menu timed event with multiple heats of 50-75 runners per heat. Teams welcome.
See dedicated post for details.
Sunday, October 12, 2014:
- Patriots on the big screen (1:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Watch the New England Patriots vs the Buffalo Bills on the Senior Center’s newly improved projected wide screen. Enjoy the game with pub food and friends. Kickoff at 1:00 pm, but the room will open at 12:30 pm. Pre-register by stopping by the desk or calling 508-229-4453.
- Drop-off for Heritage Day – pumpkins and scarecrows (4:00 – 6:00 pm) @ in front of the Southborough Library: Drop off your decorated pumpkins for the 16th Annual “Light Up Southborough” Or drop off your scarecrows for this year’s contest at Heritage Day.
- Pumpkin Painting & Carving (3:00 – 5:00 pm) @Gulbankian Farms greenhouse, 40 Mt. Vickery Rd: Face painting and pumpkin decorating. Costs $5 and up. Please bring your own carving tools. RSVP by Friday to Gulbankian@aol.com or 508-485-8979.
- Light-Up Southborough (7:00 – 9:00 pm) @ Old Burial Grounds: The stone wall surrounding Southborough’s Old Burial Grounds will be lined with lit up pumpkins decorated and contributed by residents of all ages. The 16th annual event is run by the Southborough Rotary Club. The viewing line begins in front of the Southborough Library, continues up Common Street, and turns onto St. Mark’s Street.
Monday, October 13, 2014:
- Heritage Day – See dedicated post for schedule.
Updated (10/6/14 5:30 pm): I deleted the NSPAC coffee I had incorrectly listed as this week.