The Southborough Recreation Department asked me to extend their thank you:
Please accept our kind appreciation to all those who participated in Southborough’s 41st Annual Heritage Day. Without the support of local booth vendors, sponsors, volunteers and residents, this community event would not be possible.
Thanks to all involved, Heritage Day continues to be a community staple for people of all ages and the parade a joy for children and families. This year the parade also featured our Grand Marshal, Pete DePina*. We honor and thank Pete for his years of dedicated service to our country and wish him well as he continues to be a respected, quiet and giving part of our community.
We gratefully acknowledge the generous assistance of the dedicated volunteers who made this event a success. Thank you especially to David Falconi* for his years of tireless service to help with planning and executing the parade and booth set-up for Heritage Day.
We also extend our gratitude to:
- Southborough CERT/MRC/Teen MRC Teams & Emergency Management Agency – Safety
- Town Departments – DPW, Fire, Police, Recreation & Recreation Commission
- Southborough Rotary Club & Cultural Arts Council – Pumpkin Lighting & Scarecrow Contest
- St. Mark’s School, Community House, Pilgrim Church, St. Anne’s Church – Use of facilities
- Boy Scout Troop 92 & Table Talk Pies – Pie eating contest
- Boy Scout Troop 1 – DJ services and Clean-up
- Domino’s Pizza – Volunteer donation
- Jessie Chris, Couch Jackets, Darren Bessette – Live Music
- Andrew Abu Realtors, Mr. Sandless, Dr. Michael Bui, DMD and J&J Sons Lawn Care – Stage/Equipment
- Keith Campbell and B-P Trucking – Donation of dumpster
- St. Mark’s School & Fay School – Moonwalk and Obstacle Course
- Marlborough Orthodontics and Middlesex Savings Bank – Photo Booth
- SkyRise Children’s Theater – Children’s performance
- Long Automotive Group – Driver and vehicle for our Grand Marshal.
On behalf of the Southborough Recreation Department and Recreation Commission, we sincerely thank you for working together with us to make the 41st Annual Heritage Day a success this year!
Community Event Coordinator, Southborough Recreation Department
Director, Southborough Recreation Department
*Editor’s Note: DePina and Falconi were both interviewed at Heritage Day. Click here to see the Southborough Access Media video.