Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Tuesday, November 04, 2014:
- State Election (polls open 7:00 am – 8:00 pm): No Public School in Southborough today
- Kids Day Out (10:00 am – 1:00 pm) @ St. Mark’s Episcopal Church: Kids can have fun while parents get free time and teens raise funds for their youth mission. For kids from 3 years old to 5th graders. Fun includes crafts, games, sports, skits, and a movie. (I’ve been told fun on offer will include “minute to win it” games, relay races, decorating cookies, holiday crafts, and ironing beads,) Cost is $20 per kid, with a $3 sibling discount. See dedicated post for details.
Wednesday, November 05, 2014:
- Skyzone – Jr. T-Hawks fundraiser (3:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Sky Zone, 290 Turnpike Road, Westborough: 25% of revenue from sale of “jump passes” will go to Northborough-Southborough Youth Football and Cheer Association. (Click flyer to enlarge)
- First Time Home Buyer Seminar (6:30 – 8:00 pm) @ Keller Williams, 276 Turnpike Rd, Ste 221, Westborough: Free workshop about the current market and the home buying process. Tips to secure financing, find your dream home, make an offer and close with confidence. Light refreshments. RSVP to Southborough’s Mary Piekarz at email@example.com or 508-272-9378.
Thursday, November 06, 2014:
- 2040 Business and Non Profit Summit (7:30 am – 10:30 am) @ St. Mark’s School, Putnam Family Arts Center, 25 Marlboro Road: Presented by the Southborough Board of Selectmen and Economic Development Committee and sponsored by Mirick O’Connel, Attorney’s at Law. In a panel discussion and breakout sessions will address Southborough’s plan to meet economic, demographic and land use challenges for the next 25 years. See dedicated post for details.
- Legos at the Library (3:45 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to come build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
Saturday, November 08, 2014:
- Scouting for Food deadline (9:00 am) @ your driveway: Leave your non-perishible contributions to Scouting for Food (for the Southborough Food Pantry) at the end of your driveway. (Please check expiration dates first.) Scouts will be picking up contributions throughout the day. Or you can bring your donation directly to the Southborough Food Pantry at Pilgrim Church. See dedicated post for details.
- Gift Cards for Troops (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Gift Card Drive for Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. Let our troops know they are not forgotten this holiday season. See dedicated post for details.
- Meditation Session (10:30 am – 11:30 am) @ Southborough Library: Dr. Allan Hughes will speak about the theory of meditation and its many benefits. Dr. Hughes has been a student of meditation for over 30 years. No registration required – bring a friend or neighbor to this informative session.
- Tall Tales (11:00 am) @ Southborough Library: Storyteller Big Ryan will share Tall Tales at the Library! How “tall” will his tales be? Come and see! Registration is not required.
- Firefighter fundraiser – Chili & salsa tasting (12:00 – 2:00 pm) @ Williams-Sonoma Store in the Natick Mall: Join Williams-Sonoma (Natick Mall Location) and World Finalist Chili Champion for a Chili and Salsa Tasting. Southborough Firefighter Scott Navaroli will be sharing his recipes and will teach you some techniques to the the best Chili and Salsa for Football season! All proceeds from this event will go to the Firefighter Association of Soutborough. Event is free and donations will be accepted at the store during the event.
- Smiling Kids Birthday Bash Gala (7:00 pm) @ Charter Oak Country Club,Hudson: The local charity’s fundraiser. Evening includes hors devours, cash bar, dancing and a live and silent auction. See dedicated post for details.
Sunday, November 09, 2014:
- Breakneck Hill Cow Fund Farm Day (11:30 am) @ Community Gardens, Breakneck Hill Farm, Breakneck Hill Road: Cow Pie contest, refreshments and a guided family hike. See dedicated post for details.
Updated (11/8/14 2:18 pm): Fixed time on Farm Day