Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with selected highlights from the agendas. All these meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by.
The two big meetings slated for this week are the Board of Selectmen and Zoning Board of Appeals.
At tomorrow night’s BOS meeting, you can expect a good turnout of people voicing concerns over the fate of the Burnett House and in support or opposition to a plan for Main Street reconstruction. Wednesday, the ZBA is continuing its hearing for a Use Variance permit for a townhouse development on Park Central. Chair Leo Bartolini indicated he hopes to hold a vote this week in order to move forward on the linked 40B project at their next meeting.
Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For a complete list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, November 17, 2014
- Planning Board, 7:00 PM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda with packet) Agenda Highlights: Hearing on DPW request to remove 4 trees from Clifford Road; Hearings on Heritage Crossing; Discussion of Reservoir View Estates open space; Letter to ZBA on 40B – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
- Recreation Commission, 7:30 PM @ Conference Room, South Union Building, 21 Highland Street (agenda)
- Personnel Board, 7:30 AM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Pay and classification study
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
- Neary School Council, 3:00 PM @ Conference Room, Margaret Neary School, 53 Parkerville Road (agenda)
- Library Board of Trustees, 6:00 PM @ Eaton Room, Southborough Public Library (agenda)
- Board of Selectmen, 6:30 PM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda with packet) Agenda Highlights: Updates on 84 Main St (Burnett House), and Public Safety Building; Approval of Main St reconstruction plan. (You can find Town’s posted Main St materials and updates here.) – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
- Main Street Design Working Group, 7:00 PM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Project approval for reconstruction plan
- Economic Development Committee, 8:00 AM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda)
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
- Zoning Board of Appeals, 6:00 PM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Hearing on Park Central Use Variance permit – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
- Northborough/Southborough Regional School Committee Policy Development Subcommittee, 6:00 PM @ Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett Street, Northborough (agenda)
- Southborough Housing Authority, 6:30 PM @ 49 Boston Road (agenda)
- Northborough/Southborough Regional School Committee, 7:00 PM @ Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett Street, Northborough (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Standardiized test resutls; Athletic Update
Thursday, November 20, 2014
- Conservation Commission, 7:30 PM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda)
- Trails Committee, 8:30 AM @ Conference Room, South Union Building, 21 Highland Street (agenda)
- Open Space Preservation Commission, 7:00 PM @ Conference Room, South Union Building, 21 Highland Street (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Budget; public records request next step; updates on RFP, site walks and discussion with Planning Board on Pine Hill CR and Killam Farm open space [Note: This is rescheduled from last week.]
*Southborough Access Media will be broadcasting the Planning Board, BOS, and ZBA meetings live on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. Click here to see this week’s schedule with rebroadcast times.
Updated (11/18/14 9:05 am): Added link to ZBA agenda which is now available. Also added newly posted OSPC meeting.