St. Mark’s School is celebrating its 2nd annual Career Day tomorrow. It sounds like quite an event.
For lower classmen, the event exposes them to “50 professionals across disciplines”. Meanwhile, juniors and seniors will be skipping school. But it won’t be to play.
More than 180 students will “job shadow at over 30 businesses and organizations” in locations from local towns, the Boston area, and even NYC.
Here are the details shared by the school:
On Wed. Nov. 19th the entire V Form (junior) and VI Form (senior) classes of St. Mark’s School in Southborough, MA (over 180 students) will be getting in cars, vans, and buses and heading to job shadow locations in Boston and New York City to experience firsthand a career of interest to them. Job shadow experiences include business, medical, law, hospitality, marketing, technology, finance, and the list goes on. This new experiential learning program is the product of St. Mark’s Center for Innovation in Teaching & Learning, which opened in the spring of 2013.
Additionally, III Form (freshmen) and IV Form (sophomores) will experience a full day of career learning with over 50 presenters coming to St. Mark’s campus in Southborough to share knowledge with students in small and large groups over the course of the day. The Career Day program was successfully launched last year and was expanded this year to include off-campus job shadow opportunities for both V and VI Formers. A primary objective of Career Day is for students to realize a tangible connection between their academic pursuits and their future endeavors through experiential learning.
Job shadowing locations include:
- Architerra – Boston
- Battery Ventures/ Row One Brands – Boston
- Bose Corporation – Framingham
- Bunny Williams Home – NYC
- Cambridge Associates LLC – Boston
- Children’s Hospital – Boston
- Diane von Furstenberg/Elie Tahari – NYC
- Fiduciary Trust Company International – NYC
- Fox News Channel – NYC
- FTI Consulting – Boston
- Genzyme – Framingham
- Harvard Institute of Politics – Cambridge
- Highmount Capital – Boston
- Johnson & Johnson/DePuy Synthes – Raynham
- Liz Caan Interiors LLC – Newton
- Marriott International – Boston
- Massachusetts General Hospital – Boston
- Microsoft Corporation – Cambridge
- MIT Edgerton Center/i2 – Cambridge
- NBCUniversal – NYC
- New England Aquarium – Boston
- Ogilvy Public Relations – NYC
- Protonex Technology Inc. – Southborough
- Ross Stores, Inc. – NYC
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum – NYC
- Splash – NYC
- The Dimock Center – Boston
- The Museum of Modern Art – NYC
- Trial Court of the Commonwealth of MA – Westborough
- Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine – Grafton