A quick reminder of what’s happening around town this weekend.
If you want to get some holiday shopping out of the way, head downtown tomorrow. Special sales at the Community House and Senior Center are in convenient walking distance of each other.
You can support programming for town seniors at the Autumn Fair. And Holiday Gifts on the Common features local artisans, including some who call Southborough their home town.
Saturday, November 22, 2014:
- ARHS Ski and Snowboard sale (9:00 am – noon) @ St Anne’s Church, 20 Boston Road: ARHS Ski Team fundraiser to support Algonquin boosters and a “team building” Vermont ski trip. Click flyer to enlarge for details.
- Dodgeball Tournament: 1st-8th grade (9:00 am – 6:30 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School Gym: 5th Annual Dodgeball Tournament. Benefit for ARHS Boys Hockey Team. (The registration deadline has passed. Still, you can root on the kids as they dodge, weave, catch, throw and compete to be dodgeball champions.) For details, see dedicated post.
- Holiday Gifts on the Common (9:00 am – 3:00 pm) @ Community House, 28 Main Street: Booths and tables of local artisans selling their handcrafted wares: handcrafted baskets, children’s knits, pottery, jewelry, soaps, cards, glass and more. (Unlike at big craft shows, entrance is free.) For details, see dedicated post.
- Senior Center Autumn Fair (9:00 am – 1:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center, 9 Cordaville Road: Benefits the Friends of the Council on Aging. There will be a raffle and sale of of: baked goods; hand knitted accessories, jewelry, pot scrubbers, and more. (If you plan to donate baked goodies, be sure to drop them off today or tomorrow morning.) For details, see dedicated post.
- Saturdays at Fay – Bubble Show (10:00 am – 11:00 am) @ Fay’s Primary School, 25 Middle Road: A free morning program designed for children ages 2-8 along with their parents. Mike the Bubble Man will combine science and magic. Through music, choreography, and comedy bubbles come alive, sparking imagination and wonder. Followed by a complimentary snack. Use the East Entrance at 25 Middle Road for access and parking. Space is limited so please register online.
- Steeple Coffeehouse (7:30 pm) @ Pilgrim Church’s Fellowship Hall, 15 Common Street: Featuring acts Pesky J. Nixon and Miles to Dayton. Doors open at 7:00 pm for 7:30 show. Please bring a donation for the Food Pantry. In advance: $15 General/$12 Students & Seniors. At the door: $18 General/$15 Students & Seniors. For details, see dedicated post.