Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with selected highlights from the agendas.
Two items that are likely to get some attention are scheduled for tonight’s Board of Selectmen meeting:
- The Public Works Planning Board’s recommendations for the Transfer Station. (Their report is included in the BOS packet – click here and scroll to page 5.) The BOS isn’t scheduled to vote on any changes to the Transfer Station tonight. According to Chair Bill Boland, the board will wait until late spring (as usual) to make decisions on next year’s Transfer Station regulations and fees.
- Following a complaint recently filed and made public that the Town Administrator’s raise should have been voted on at a public meeting, the board scheduled for tonight’s meeting “Approval of Town Administrator performance evaluation.”
All the below meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by. Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For a complete list of meetings, visit the town website.
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
- Neary School Council, 3:00 PM @ Conference Room, Margaret Neary School, 53 Parkerville Road (agenda)
- Library Board of Trustees, 6:00 PM @ Eaton Room, Southborough Public Library (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss long range plan
- Board of Selectmen, 6:30 PM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda with packet) Agenda Highlights: Presentation by Public Works Planning Board on Transfer Station recommendations [I’ve been informed by the Chair that no BOS vote is planned at this meeting on Transfer Station fees]; Personnel Board overview of Pay and Classification Study; FY2016 Budget Update; Fire and DPW budgets; Approval of Town Administrator performance evaluation – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
- Public Works Planning Board, 6:30 PM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Report to BOS on Transfer Station
- Personnel Board, 8:00 PM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint meeting with BOS to give overview of Pay and Classification Study
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
- Board of Assessors, 8:30 AM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review bids and award Commercial/Industrial valuation services for FY16 certification
- Northborough/Southborough Regional Student Advisory Committee, 5:15 PM @ Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett Street, Northborough (agenda)
- Northborough/Southborough Regional Capital Planning Subcommittee, 6:00 PM @ Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett Street, Northborough (agenda)
- Personnel Board, 6:30 PM @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda)
- Southborough Housing Authority, 6:30 PM @ 49 Boston Road (agenda)
- Northborough/Southborough Regional School Committee, 7:00 PM @ Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett Street, Northborough (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Authorize Establishment of Regional School Transportation Fund