Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
- Rockets: There and Back again (Three hour-long sessions at 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm, and 3:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Museum of Science instructors will visit the library to run these special workshops. Pre-registration is required. The program is designed for kids aged 10 and older. 5-10 year olds can also participate if accompanied by an adult. Sign up in the library’s Children’s Room or by calling 508-485-5031. For details, see dedicated post.
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
- Town’s emergency horn testing (noon): The Town of Southborough will be conducting a test of the Town’s Public Emergency Notification Horns at noon on Wednesday, July 29, 2015, with an alternate date of Thursday, July 30th. The air horns, located at the Fire Station (21 Main Street), will be sounded multiple times in bursts of two. The public should disregard the sounding of the horns on this date, unless otherwise notified/directed by emergency service departments/personnel.
- Pajama Story Time (7:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Come to the library in your pajamas to hear stories! This event will be held outside on the lawn, weather permitting, so bring a blanket. (In inclement weather, it will be held in the Children’s Room.) All welcome and no registration is necessary.
Thursday, July 30, 2015
- Big Joe the Storyteller (3:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main level: Big Joe returns to the library with Stories for Little Heroes. Everyone is welcome! For details, see dedicated post.
- Teen Crafternoon: Needle Felting (6:00 – 7:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main level: Join us for an evening with Rory Valentine who will teach us about needle felting. You will get a chance to make your own wool creation. She will also be available to answer questions about her craft process. This program is supported in part by a grant from the Southborough Cultural Arts Council, a local agency which is supported the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency. For more details, contact Rory Valentine at email@example.com
Saturday, August 1, 2015
- Bumblebee Workshop (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ South Union Building, 21 Highland Street: Volunteer training to help with the ongoing bumblebee survey at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land’s Pollinator Habitat installation. The Conservation Land is being used in a Pilot Project for research on the interrelationships between pollinators and the plants they feed on. Anyone interested in the project or to register for the workshop please contact Freddie Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org For details, see dedicated post.
- Meet the Farmer (10:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Fun includes milking goats, kids crafts, a reestablished walking trail, and getting up close with beekeeping. For details, see dedicated post. Attendees should park in the public access parking area just past the farm and walk up the mown path to the road and CSA barn (there will be signs).