It seems like the start of the school year has been more a series of fits and starts (especially for working parents.)
My son keeps asking why did they only have 3 1/2 days of school this week. And my daughter has been disappointed that after 3 weeks of school, she still hasn’t had her Monday “specials” class.
We’re through the worst of it, but not out of the woods. (We won’t have a full week until the 5th week of school. And that only lasts 2 weeks!)
If you’ve been referring to the official school district calendar, there may be some things you are missing.
And if you were relying on a school website’s event list there may be some half days that were posted or corrected since you last looked.
Here’s the list of public school holidays and early dismissals for the year:*
- This Wednesday, September 23 – no school – Yom Kippur holiday
- Monday, October 12 – no school – Columbus Day holiday (or as Southborough calls it, Heritage Day)
- Thursday, October 15 – early dismissal for Algonquin Regional High School – parent-teacher conference day
- Thursday, October 22 – early dismissal for Finn and Woodward Schools – parent-teacher conference day
- Thursday, October 30 – early dismissal for Finn and Woodward Schools – parent-teacher conference day
- Note: There is no half day for Neary on November 10 (that was an online calendar typo)
- Wednesday, November 11 – no school – Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 19 – Friday, November 20 – early dismissal for Neary and Trottier Schools – parent-teacher conference day
- Wednesday, November 25 – early dismissal for all schools – Thanksgiving break
- Thursday, November 26 – Monday, November 30 – no school – Thanksgiving break and a Professional Development Day
- Wednesday, December 23 – early dismissal for all schools – Winter break
- Thursday, December 24 – Friday, January 1 – no school – Winter break
- Monday, January 18 – no school – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Tuesday, January 19 – no school – Professional Development Day
- Thursday, February 11 – early dismissal for Trottier School – parent-teacher conference day
- Monday, February 15 – Friday, February 19 – no school – February Vacation
- Friday, March 25 – no school – Good Friday
- Thursday, April 7 – early dismissal for Finn, Woodward, and Neary Schools – parent-teacher conference day
- Monday, April 18 – Friday, April 22 – no school – Spring Break
- Monday, May 30 – Memorial Day
- Friday, June 24 – first potential last day of school, which would be an early dismissal
*Updated (9/18/15 12:45 pm): I added in a missing 1/2 day for Algonquin parent-teacher conferences in October.
Updated (9/22/15 8:22 am): Fixed typo