The Senior Center has launched a new series of art lessons. This time around, the focus is less on technique and more on how creating art can be a salve for emotional distress. No art experience is needed.
The series kicks off with the color lesson, introducing the series concept. Other topics range from new perspectives to bereavement.
The center will host six Art4Healing® workshops. They’ll run twice per month, beginning this coming week.
Seniors can register for any/all of the sessions, at $5 per class. They take place the following Wednesday afternoons from 12:30 to 2:30 pm:
- March 23: “The Language of Color” (Introduction to Art4Healing®)
- March 30: “What’s Going On” (Gaining a new perspectives)
- April 20: Bereavement Part 1 (Coping with loss)
- April 27: Bereavement Part 2 (Coping with loss)
- May 11: “Disappointment & Loss” (Dealing with loss of all kinds)
- May 25: “Art4Healing® Revealed” (Goals and Purpose)
The series is supported by a grant from the Southborough Community fund.
For more details on the series, concept, and each individual workshop, click here.
To register, call the Senior Center at 508-229-4453. Each has limited enrollment, so act soon.