Gas up your snowblowers! The National Weather Service is predicting a “Winter Storm” with 8-12 inches of snow in Southborough throughout tomorrow. (This afternoon, the Cape and portions of Eastern Coast forecast was upgraded to Blizzard conditions, but not our area.)
Today’s updates rate their confidence in the forecast for our region as high. They predict periods of dangerous travel. They expect near white-out conditions at times. And both morning and evening commutes will be impacted:
Confidence is now high in widespread 8+ inches with localized areas of around a foot.
- Impacts all of Southern New England for both the morning and afternoon / evening commute on Thursday.
- Snow will begin early in the morning commute and becomes heavy quickly.
- Snow, heavy in spots, continues through the evening commute. . .
- Snowfall rates of 2-4″ per hour possible at times.
- Along with general northeasterly wind gusts 25-35 mph. . .
Snow in Southborough is forecast to begin around 3AM tomorrow and end around 6pm. As of this afternoon, our Town is showing less than a 10% of rain in the mix.
Click on the thumbnails below for their maps forecasting snowfalls and winds: