Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this weekend. All the action is the day before Mother’s Day.
Saturday, May 13, 2017
- Stamp Out Hunger: Southborough postal carriers are taking part in the nation’s largest single-day food drive. Items collected in Southborough will go directly to the Southborough Food Pantry. You can help by leaving a bag containing non-perishable foods next to your mailbox prior to your normal mail delivery on this day. For details, see dedicated post.
- Bird Walk (7:00 – 9:00 am) @ Breakneck Hill Conservation Land: The Southborough Open Land Foundation (SOLF) will take part in Mass Audubon’s annual “Bird-a- thon”. Meet at 7:00 am at the parking area. No previous bird watching experience is necessary. Bring binoculars and dress appropriately for ticks. This event is free and open to all. For details, see dedicated post.
- Southborough Gardeners Annual Plant Sale (8:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ Community House, intersection of routes 30 and 85.: Come early for the best selection of plants shared by the Gardeners from their own gardens as well as local nursery stock. A beautiful selection of locally grown annuals, perennials, hanging planters and Mother’s Day gifts. Proceeds benefit their scholarship fund, town beautification and education. For details, see dedicated post.
- Drop-in Fishing Clinic (10:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ Hopkinton State Park: The community is invited to a free, noncompetitive, family-friendly learn-to-fish event. Rods and gear will be provided, as well as free admission to the park. The event is geared to ages 6-14 (though not limited to those ages) and will take place rain or shine! For details, see dedicated post.
- Fay School Farmers Market (12:00 – 3:00 pm) @ Harlow Circle in front of Fay’s Primary School, 25 Middle Rd: The market is open to all and will feature local produce, prepared food, and handmade goods by local vendors. From 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. check out Animal Adventures’ Show and Touch program that will feature various farm and exotic animals. For details, see dedicated post.
- Steeple Coffeehouse (7:30 pm) @ Pilgrim Church, 15 Common Street: Dave Pietro and Friends will perform. Doors open at 7:00 pm. Please bring a donation for the Southborough Food Pantry. Proceeds from coffee and desserts go towards local charities. In advance: $17 General/$14 Students & Seniors. At the door: $20 General/$17 Students & Seniors. For details, see dedicated post.