[The following information was provided by My Southborough sponsor Kate Constantino of BRIER & GANZ LLP.]
Southborough attorney Kate Constantino is presenting a free estate planning seminar on Thursday, June 15th at the Southborough Community House from 6:30PM-8PM.
It may be no surprise that setting up an estate plan or writing a Will is not at the top of everyone’s to-do list. For many, it’s because the topic of death is scary and easy to put off. For others, it’s because they’ve have had no insight into how carefully crafted estate planning documents (Wills, Trusts, Power of Attorneys, Health Care Proxies, etc.) can provide a benefit to their family and loved ones, saving time, angst, and money in the long-run.
Kate will offer a real life examples that will make you want to jump “set up estate plan” to the top of your to-do list.
The session will cover the following topics:
- What happens if you die without a Will.
- What happens if the beneficiaries of your life insurance/IRA/bank account are not the same as the beneficiaries under your Will.
- Why you should always update (or at least review) your estate plan upon a major life event, i.e. marriage, divorce, birth of child, health concerns.
- What young families should know about estate planning and why setting up a Trust should be on your radar.
- What individuals of all ages should know to protect their family and loved ones from creditors, additional taxes, and unnecessary court involvement.
Do not hesitate to come with your questions as the presentation will be followed by a Q&A period.
Light refreshments will be served.
Kate is an attorney at BRIER & GANZ LLP who practices in the areas of estate planning, taxation, probate, and estate administration. She helps individuals and families of all ages in creating Wills, Trusts, and other estate planning tools with the goal of crafting customized, integrated plans.
Find out more about Kate’s practice at Brier & Ganz at: http://www.brierganz.com/index.php/attorneys/kate-constantino