Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. All these meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by.
Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, October 2, 2017
- Americans with Disabilities Act Committee, 10:00 AM @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Appoint officers; discuss priorities, projects, tracking & identifying ADA violation complaints
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
- Board of Assessors, 9:15 AM @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Appoint Principal Assessor
- Board of Selectmen, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss 135 Deerfoot Road parcel; Preliminary discussion of FY19 Operational Budget; interview ZBA Alternate candidate Michael Robbins; School Committee member on New Technology Committee bylaw; Draft Charge for Golf Course Conservation Restriction Committee – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
- Advisory Committee, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Board of Selectmen
- Youth Commission, 7:00 pm @ Fayville Village Hall, Conference Room 42 Central St (agenda)
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
- School Committee – Capital Planning Subcommittee, 7:30 AM @ Margaret A. Neary Elementary School, Office of the Superintendent, Conference Room, 53 Parkerville Rd (agenda)
- SAP Working Group, 8:00 AM @ Recreation Department, South Union Building 21 Highland St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Elect officers; needed adjustments and criteria; discuss use of funds set aside by Advisory, including an Advisory member on committee, and option of using outside consultant
- Recreation Commission, 7:30 pm @ Recreation Department, South Union Building 21 Highland St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: 5 Year Recreation Facilities Planning; representatives on Golf Course Conservation Restriction Committee and Fayville Disposition Committee; review application for open seat
Thursday, October 5, 2017
- Conservation Commission, 7:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Chestnut Meadow; discuss right of first refusal on 135 Deerfoot Road parcels
*Southborough Access Media will broadcast the BOS (and joint Advisory) meeting live on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. Click here to see this week’s schedule with rebroadcast times. (Videos are also usually made available through their YouTube channel by the following morning.)