Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week – which isn’t much.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Tuesday, November 21, 2017
- Culinary Demos for Seniors: Dinners for two, no leftovers (12:30 – 1:30 pm) @ The Southborough Senior Center: The 3rd of five cooking demonstration sessions for seniors this fall by the Culinary Underground A chef will demonstrate emphasis on technique, flavor and fun. Registration is limited, so sign up early. This session, learn three recipes with strategies to ensure no leftovers.
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
- Schools early dismissal: Southborough public schools start the Thanksgiving break with an early release. School won’t be back in session until Tuesday, November 28th. (Monday is a Professional Development Day.)
- Legos at the Library (1:00 – 4:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to come build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
Thursday, November 23, 2017
- Gobble Wobble (8:30 – 10:00 am) @ Trottier Middle School: The 11th annual fundraiser for Friends of Southborough Recreation. It includes a certified 5K race, 2 mile walk, and free kids’ fun run. Registration opens at 7 am. For details, see dedicated post.
- ARHS Thanksgiving Day game (10:00 am) @ Algonquin Regional High School: The annual Turkey Day match against rival Westborough High School traditionally pulls in a lot of alumni. Tickets on sale in advance through Athletics Dept for $5. Day of sales $10 ea.
Saturday, November 25, 2017
- Electronic, Appliance, and Bicycle Recycle Day (9:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ Saint Anne’s Church parking lot, 20 Boston Road: Electronic and Appliances collected for recycling for a fee. Bicycles accepted at no charge. For details, contact Dennis Wood at 508-277-7513 firstname.lastname@example.org. A portion of the event proceeds will be paid to St. Anne’s Church.
- Wreath and Candle Sales (8:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ outside of Dunkin Donuts: Cub Scouts will be selling pine wreaths and Hannukah candles. (Sale could end early if they sell out.)
- Wreath and Candle Sales (10:00 am – 4:00 pm) @ Transfer Station: Cub Scouts will be selling pine wreaths and Hannukah candles. (Sale could end early if they sell out.)