Thanks to a grant, the Southborough Senior Center has a special fitness program available to senior residents at a discount. But, the water program will evaporate if too few take advantage.
The program allows seniors to take Water Fitness classes at Wayside Athletic Club for just $3.50 per class.
The punch card for 20 classes is available only to residents who are members of the Friends of Councils of Aging. (But that’s only a $10 annual fee, and offers special access and discounts all year long.)
Here are the details from the center’s newsletter:
Water Fitness Classes At Wayside Athletic Club
Punch cards for water aerobics classes will be available through the Senior Center
(Southborough Residents who are Friends members only)
- Each punch cards is good for 20 classes
- Suggested donation for each card is $70 ($3.50 per class)
- Punch cards are being subsidized by a grant so supply is limited
- Cards are non-transferable
- Cards will be limited to 2 per person (may change depending on availability/demand)
- You will be able to attend any Senior Water Fitness Class on the Wayside schedule
- Free (one time) passes will be available if you would like to try a class
- Average pool temperature 84 degrees
- Questions: Please contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453
We have had very limited interest in this program—if we do not receive more of a response—this program will discontinue.
For information on joining Friends of COA, click here.