Southborough Cultural Arts Council has just announced this year’s grant awards.
The organization is awarding $4,500 for 2018 programs in the arts, humanities, and sciences. Awards reflect the priority placed on Southborough based activities.
SCAC’s announcement said they were pleased with the grants “but always welcome more local applicants in the visual arts.”
So, if you’re a visual artist in town, make a note to check out opportunities for a 2019 grant. (Those applications should become available in September.)
Mary Piekarz, Co-Chair of the council commented, “There is a wealth of artistic and musical talent in Southborough. We look forward to creating opportunities to share that more broadly throughout the community.”
Out of the 14 applications, 9 awards were granted this year to:
- Southborough Recreation for Annual Southborough Summer Concert
- Southborough Library for Graphic Novel Workshop
- Pilgrim Church Messiah Community Chorus for Messiah Community Chorus concert
- Steven Lewis for May Day, An International Poster Event
- Assabet Valley Mastersingers for Choral Gems for Romantic Organ and Choir Concert
- The Discovery Museums for Especially for Me
- Radoslaw Jaster for Art on the Trails Film
- Southborough Access Media for Express Yourself, part 2
- Claflin Hill Youth Symphonies for Side-by-Side Concert
A reception for the recipients will be held at Expressions Art Bar, 162 Cordaville Road on Thursday, February 8, at 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
The SCAC is part of the Massachusetts Cultural Council’s Local Cultural Council (LCC) Program, which funds thousands of local cultural activities.
The group currently has fourteen members (Mary Piekarz, Jen Hansen, Chelsea Bradway, Louise Clough, Kimberly Gailbraith, Jane Gordon, Denise Johnson, Gloria Linden, Kayla Monzack, Jennifer Pullen, Kimberly Regan, Mary Simmons, Kerry Trippi, and Catherine Weber.). If you are interested more information on SCAC or volunteering to help them out, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the grant application process, and forms, visit www.southborougharts.org.