For a lot of folks in town, Easter is about much more than bunnies with baskets and chocolate eggs. For those of you looking forward to starting off the day on a spiritual note, town churches are holding their annual sunrise service.
The United Parishes of Southborough welcome everyone to participate in the Easter morning sunrise service at Hopkinton State Park on Sunday, April 1. The service starts at 6:30 am in the marina area of the park.
In the event of inclement weather, the service will be held at The First Community Church, 137 Southville Road.
St. Mark’s Episcopal Church (27 Main Street) reached out to invite the public to their special services and celebrations this week:
- March 29, Maundy Thursday
- 6 pm – Potluck Supper
- 7 pm – Service with Foot Washing
- March 30, Good Friday
- 11 am – Stations of the Cross for Children
- 12 pm – Stations of the Cross
- 7 pm – Good Friday Liturgy
- April 1, Easter Day
- 7:45 am – Spoken Eucharist
- 8:45 and 10:45 am – Sung Eucharist
- 10 am – East Egg Hunt for Children
You can find details on their website or call 508-481-1917.
Those are just two of the six churches based in Southborough. For information on other churches’ Holy Week services in town, you can check their websites:
- St. Anne Parish 20 Boston Road
- Pilgrim Congregational Church 15 Common Street
- St. Matthew Parish 105 Southville Road
- Chinese Gospel Church of Massachusetts 60 Turnpike Road
Updated (3/27/18 8:21 am): Whoops – the date included in above text was from last year’s news. Easter is April 1st this year. (I keep warning my kids about what that might mean for their Easter baskets. That bunny has a wicked sense of humor.)