Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Monday, March 26, 2018
- Parenting talk: How to Raise an Adult (7:00 pm) @ Fay’s Root Meeting Room: Fay School is hosting a presentation by New York Times bestselling author Julie Lythcott-Haims. The event is free to attend and open to the public but registration is required. For details, see dedicated post.
- Recreation forum on field projects and Town Meeting Articles (7:00 pm) @ The Southborough Senior Center, 9 Cordaville Rd: An informal presentation and Q&A session on the Recreation Commissions’ master plan and upcoming projects to be funded by three Town Meeting Articles. For details, see dedicated post.
Tuesday, March 27, 2018
- Toastmasters public speaking workshop with Mary Cheyne (6:30 – 8:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: Mary Cheyne, Public Speaker and Coach, will provide a free hands-on workshop on speaking and communication skills. For details, see dedicated post.
Wednesday, March 28, 2018
- Snowshoe or Hike (Senior Center Program) (9:30 – 11:30 am) @ meet at the Senior Center: Snowshoe or Hike at the Blackstone River and Canal Heritage Park. Listen to a Park Interpreter give an introductory talk and hike a 2 mile easy towpath Trail. 4 pairs of snowshoes are available to borrow. Please sign up by calling 508-229-4453.
- Poetry, Memories, and Stories at Fay (Senior Center Program) (10:30 am – 12:00 pm) @ Fay School: Coffee will be set out at 10:30 am. In this workshop, Fay School sixth graders will read a poem with senior guests, and through sharing of experiences, they will create individual interpretations to bring to the larger group. For details, see dedicated post. To sign up, contact the Senior Center at (508) 229-4453.
- Family Math Night (6:30 – 8:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School cafeteria, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough: Public Schools of Northborough/Southborough presents Family Math Night. A fun night out with your children with games and activities that are sure to be fun for the whole family! See dedicated post.
Thursday, March 29, 2018
- (Look for a separate post on religious services and church celebrations – like Maundy Thursday.)
- Art on the Trails film screening (7:00 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, main level: Radek Jaster and Catherine Weber produced this film that provides a detailed look at the 2017 Art on the Trails: Finding Solace in the Woods program that took place last summer at Beals Preserve in Southborough. For details, see dedicated post.
Good Friday – Friday, March 30, 2018 – (Look for a separate post on religious services and church celebrations.)
- No School (7:30 am – 3:30 pm) @ No school in Southborough and Northborough K-12
- Senior Bingo (12:00 – 2:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Come join Doriann Jasinski for a wonderful afternoon of Bingo and prizes. The room will be open at 11:15 am if you would like to bring your lunch or join in with the Café lunch for a suggested donation of $3. There will be a basket for your donation on the kitchen counter that day. Café Lunch: Panini Sandwiches (also included are dessert and a drink) Please sign up at 508-229-4453 if you would like to order a lunch.
Saturday, March 31, 2018
- Easter Egg Hunt (10:30 – 11:30 am) @ Southborough Community House Lawn: Southborough Kindergroup’s annual egg hunt. This year, the event is free. Families should bring their own baskets so kids can collect “eggs” with candy inside. The event begins at 10:30 am for posing with the Easter Bunny. (Be sure to bring your camera for a snapshot!) The “hunt” begins promptly at 11:00 am. For details, see dedicated post.
Easter, Sunday, April 1, 2018 – (Look for a separate post on religious services and church celebrations.)