Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. It’s a busy one.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Tuesday, April 3, 2018
- Senior Property Tax Work Program application period opens (8:30 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: Opening of application period for Senior Property Tax Work Program. Forms can be brought to the Senior Center. For more details on applying see dedicated post.
- Neary Uno’s Fundraiser (11:30 am – midnight) @ Uno Pizzeria & Grill, 225 Turnpike Rd, Westborough: A Neary School for OSMO equipment. 20% of lunch or dinner (take out or in-restaurant) will be donated to the school – as long as you show them the coupon. For details, see dedicated post.
- Knitting Club (1:00 – 2:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Monthly meeting of the knitting/crocheting club hosted by the Senior Center. Drop in to join them.
- Neary SOS’ Skyzone Fundraiser (3:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Sky Zone Trampoline Park, 290 Turnpike Road Route 9, Westborough: A Neary School for OSMO equipment. 25% of sales for Jump passes that day will be donated back to the school as long as you present the coupon. For details, see dedicated post.
- Legos at the Library (3:45 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to come build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
- School Safety Readiness forum for district parents (7:00 – 8:30 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School auditorium: A forum for Northborough and Southborough parents. It’s an interactive presentation and dialogue on school safety readiness held by school administrators and fire and police safety officials. For details, see dedicated post.
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
- Cabaret With Jim & Linda (Senior Center Program) (12:00 – 2:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Registration is required and seating is limited (and may already be full). The program will start with nice lunch, followed by the enjoyment of piano music, singing, dancing, entertainment and Linda’s jokes for an afternoon of fun. Suggested donation of $6 per Friends of COA member, $10 per non-member. For more details, see program flyer.
- Recreation Forum (7:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, main level: The Recreation Commission will hold another forum to discuss their Town Meeting Articles and answer questions.
- Jr. T-Hawks Info Night (7:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School, auditorium, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough: Northborough Southborough Youth Football & Cheer Association is holding an information night for parents. For more details, see dedicated post.
Thursday, April 5, 2018
- K-5 Early Dismissal : Early dismissal for just the Southborough K-5 schools (11:20 for Neary, 12:00 for Finn & Woodward); Neary and Finn will hold parent-teacher conferences.
- SEF Movie & Pizza party (11:30 am – 2:00 pm) @ Neary School Gym: Following the 1/2 day dismissal, SEF fundraiser with optional pizza lunch and viewing of Coco. Pre-registration required. For details, see dedicated post.
- Half Day Dodgeball Games (12:00 – 2:30 pm) @ Woodward School: Pre-registration required. For details, see dedicated post.
- Hands On Nature (3:45 – 4:45 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: Children can learn about bugs through “Insect Investigations.” This program is for children ages 5-9. Registration is required. Please contact the Children’s Room for more information.
- Golf Course Forum (7:00 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, main level: The Golf Course Committee will hold a forum to discuss their Town Meeting Articles and answer questions.
Friday, April 6, 2018
- Bay Colony Educators at Neary (Senior Center Program) (8:30 am – 10:00 am and 12:30 – 2:00 pm) @ Neary School: Southborough seniors have been invited to the Neary School to watch an enjoyable presentation from The Bay Colony Educators. For details, see program flyer.
- Trottier’s Volleyball Marathon (2:30 – 8:00 pm) @ Trottier Middle School: The Volleyball Marathon lasts all day and into the evening!Teachers bring their classes to the gym to play. For a minimum $15 registration fee students may Stay and Playafter school from 2:30-8:00 pm to continue in the fun! Refreshments including pizza will be for sale. For details, see Trottier’s info page.
Saturday, April 7, 2018
- Art Workshop for Children (10:30 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: Children ages 5-9 are invited to be a part of the drop in art workshops. (Siblings allowed.) This session, the focus is “farm animals”. Registration is not required. The workshop will be run by Bigelow Center for the Arts; Lanting Huang-Truong.
- Rabies Clinic for Cats (2:00 – 3:00 pm) @ Behind the DPW Office Building, 147 Cordaville Road: Sponsored by the Southborough Board Of Health Dr. Sharon Westphal And Dr. Joan Ogden of Southborough Veterinary Hospital will administer rabies vaccines. Cats must be brought in their carriers. Cost is $15 per cat.
- Rabies Clinic for Dogs (3:00 – 3:30 pm) @ Behind the DPW Office Building, 147 Cordaville Road: Sponsored by the Southborough Board Of Health Dr. Sharon Westphal And Dr. Joan Ogden of Southborough Veterinary Hospital will administer rabies vaccines. Dogs must be on leashes. Cost is $15 per dog.
Sunday, April 8, 2018
- ARHS at MICCA Gold Medal Showcase (4:00 – 5:00 pm) @ Mechanics Hall, 321 Main St, Worcester: Four of Algonquin’s music groups earned invitations to perform ing this year’s showcase: Wind Ensemble String Orchestra Concert Band Symphonic Band. Admission to the performance is free. For details, see dedicated post.
- Celebrating Service, Celebrating Southborough (5:30 – 6:30 pm) @ St. Mark’s School, Putnam Family Arts Center, Taft Hall: The Rotary Club of Southborough will present its recognition of Service award for 2018 to Karen Fournier and for 2017 award to Jeff Beane. Event is free and open to the public. For details, see dedicated post.
- Cutler Jazz Festival (6:30 – 8:30 pm) @ St. Mark’s School, Putnum Family Arts Center, the Class of ’45 Hall: St. Mark’s School’s annual spring jazz festival.