Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Monday, April 30, 2018
- Parent Math Workshop Series 2018: Supporting Your Child with Fact Fluency (6:30 – 7:30 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School, Library, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough: Please join us as we explore fact fluency expectations in each grade level and simple ways to support your child at home with mastering their basic fact. For details, see dedicated post.
Wednesday, May 2, 2018
- Cabaret With Jim & Linda (Senior Center Program) (12:00 – 2:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: The program will start with nice lunch, followed at 12:30 by piano music, singing, dancing, entertainment and Linda’s jokes for an afternoon of fun. Sign up at the front desk or call (508) 229-4453 Suggested donation $6. For details, see dedicated post.
- Septic Systems – How they Work and Common Problems (1:00 – 2:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: Learn the basics of how your system works, how to prevent problems and what to do if you need to repair your system from the General Manager of Curtis Septic and Northboro Septic. Light Refreshments provided. For more information call sponsor Mary Piekarz, Realtor – Collins & Demac at 508-272-9378 or the Library at 508-485-5031.
- Candidates Night (6:00 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: Annual public event hosted by the Library Trustees All candidates for contested town government offices are invited to make statements and participate in public Q&A. For details, see dedicated post.
Thursday, May 3, 2018
- Legos at the Library (3:45 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to come build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
Friday, May 4, 2018
- Art Show for NECC (7:00 – 9:00 pm) @ Southborough Community House, 28 Main St: A benefit for The New England Center for Children Inc. Attendance is free. Funds will be raised through the silent auction. Enjoy an evening of good conversation, good food, and good art as we thank you for your contribution to NECC and share your impact. For details, see Facebook event (or stay tuned for dedicated post later this week.)
Saturday, May 5, 2018
- Car Wash – ARHS Girls Lacrosse (9:00 am – 1:00 pm) @ Public Works, 147 Cordaville Rd: Car wash to benefit Algonquin Girls Lacrosse. $5 per car.
- Scratch at the Library (2:00 – 4:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Coding Club for 3rd – 5th graders. Children new to Scratch will learn about the essentials using guided exercises while those more familiar with Scratch can work on suggested projects or experiment with their own projects. To register, call 508-485-5031. For details, see dedicated post.
- Summer Evening Strolls at Beals Preserve (6:30 pm “sharp”) @ Park and meet in cul de sac at the end of Red Gate Lane off Flagg Rd: Join trustee Debbie Costine of the Southborough Open Land Foundation for informal evening strolls along the trails of the beautiful Beals Preserve. We will be looking at the flora and fauna as well as noting a bit of history of this former pasture. All people are welcome – but please, no dogs. For details, see dedicated post.