Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
- “The Library Needs Friends” Coffee (11:00 am) @ Southborough Library, main level: Informational Coffee – Learn how you can help the Southborough Library by becoming involved in the Friends of the Southborough Library. For details, see dedicated post.
- ARHS’ BYOD Parent Information Session (5:30 & 7:30 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School, Library: Algonquin is holding two info sessions this night for parents on the new BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policy to be launched on November 5th. Both sessions will cover the same items and provide time to ask questions.
- ARHS Parent/Teacher Conferences evening sessions (6:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
- Trailblazers hike: Mass Central Rail Trail (9:30 am) @ meet at the Southborough Senior Center: A free program of the Trailblazers for active seniors. Please register for the event by calling 508-229-4453. Carpool to a well maintained wooded rail trail about 3-4 miles from West Boylston. (Please wear appropriate shoes and long pants, and bring bug repellent.) Moderate difficulty hike. Water and energy bars will be provided. Lunch will be on our own at a local restaurant. For details, see dedicated post.
- Southboro Wellness: Mindfulness (12:15 pm) @ Southborough Wellness, 205 Turnpike Rd: Mindfulness workshop with Special Guest Sheryl White. Part of the store’s free monthly workshop series. Registration is not required.
- “The Library Needs Friends” Info Night (7:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, main level: Informational Night (with refreshments) – Learn how you can help the Southborough Library by becoming involved in the Friends of the Southborough Library. For details, see dedicated post.
Thursday, October 18, 2018
- Finn and Woodward School Early Release (12:00 pm): For parent – teacher conferences
- Tales & Tails (4:00 – 4:45 pm) @ Southborough Library, main floor: Children can spend some time reading to a dog. Children must have some reading ability. Registration is required. Please contact the Children’s Room for more information. To register, call 508-485-5031 or email email@example.com
Saturday, October 20, 2018
- Fay School Farmers Market (10:00 am – 1:00 pm) @ Harlow Circle in front of Fay’s Primary School, 25 Middle Rd: Each market will feature local produce, prepared food, and handmade goods by local vendors. This week – Celebrate fall with a special craft and activities. For details, see dedicated post.
- Chess program at Library (2:00 – 4:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Saturday Chess program geared toward players ages 12+ who are interested in learning beginner chess skills. For details, see dedicated post.