Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. All these meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by.
Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, December 17, 2018
- Northborough – Southborough Regional School Committee – Capital Planning Subcommittee, 5:30 pm @ Margaret Neary School, Office of the Superintendent, 53 Parkerville (agenda) Agenda Highlights: FY20 Draft Capital/Maintenance plan
- Northborough – Southborough Regional School Committee – Operational Budget Subcommittee, 6:00 pm @ Margaret Neary School, Office of the Superintendent, 53 Parkerville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss FY20 Budget
- Planning Board, 7:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda, meeting materials) Agenda Highlights: Hearing on 0 Firmin Ave Major Site Plan; discuss Ken’s Food site plan changes, Illa Bella Estates Covenancy Extension vote, and 2018 Master Plan – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
Tuesday, December 18, 2018
- Board of Trustees Southborough Library, 6:00 pm @ Cordaville Hall, Room B, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Downstairs reconstruction update; Final Discussion and vote on funding of Local Hazard Mitigation Plan; Discuss Facade Restoration project plan; Finalize FY20 budget
- Board of Selectmen, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda with packet) Agenda Highlights: Interviews for Veteran’s Agent position, Conservation Commission and various committees; Update on Bill’s Liquor sales violation; Notice of Right Way Auto non-compliance with license conditions; Closing of Town Warrant for March 23 Annual Town Meeting; OML meeting complaint assignment to Town Counsel; Discuss Intermunicipal Agreement with Millis for EDC position and legal opinion on appointing authority for Recreation employees – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
Wednesday, December 19, 2018
- Northborough – Southborough Regional School Committee, 6:30 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough (agenda) Agenda Highlights: FY20 preliminary discussion; 2nd readings of policies – Broadcast live by NCAT**
- Southborough Housing Authority, 6:30 pm @ Colonial Gardens, 49 Boston Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss and approve FY19 budget
- Combined meeting of Northborough School Committee, Southborough School Committee, Northborough – Southborough Regional School Committee, Northborough – Southborough Superintendency Union #3, 7:15 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Draft of 2019-20 school calendar; Superintendent Search survey results and process discussion; Personnel Report – Broadcast live by NCAT**
*Southborough Access Media will broadcast the Planning and BOS meetings live on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. Click here to see this week’s schedule with rebroadcast times. (Videos are also usually made available through their YouTube channel by the following morning.)
*Northborough Cable Access Television will live broadcast the Wednesday night school committee meetings on Verizon-29 and Charter-194. (Note: The meeting will eventually be rebroadcast. But expect to wait several days before a time and link are posted to NCAT’s schedule.)