Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. All these meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by.
Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Wednesday, January 2, 2019
- Fire Chief Screening Committee, 8:00 am @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update from MRI on revised job posting and recommendations for updates to job description; Committee to vote based on what to bring forward to BOS
- Fire Chief Screening Committee, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint meeting with BOS on search status, and proposed changes to job description and committee charge
- Board of Selectmen, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda with packet) Agenda Highlights: Release of Executive Minutes from 2013-18; Assign another Open Meeting Law complaint to Town Counsel for response; Discuss Counsel opinion on Rec Commission’s hiring authority; Joint discussion with Fire Chief Screening Committee on status, description and next steps, and proposed revision to committee charge; Appoint selectmen to Master Plan Committee
Thursday, January 3, 2019
- Conservation Commission, 7:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Hearings on 124 & 133 Deerfoot Rd stormwater management permits, Woodward School parking lot and driveway improvements, 17 White Bagley Rd home construction, and 18 Lovers Lane home construction (and barn, paddock, garage and expanded driveway).
Friday, January 4, 2019
- Economic Development Committee, 7:45 am @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Interim EDC coordinator contract extension; Status of MOU agreement with Millis; Budget update; Shop SOBO update; Schedule next ‘Downtown Initiative’ forum; Discuss ULI Report presentation; Update on proposed Zoning amendment; Review Meal tax proposal
- Council on Aging, 8:00 am @ Cordaville Hall, Room B, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: FY20 Budget status; Over 55 Housing update; Monetary Grant options/usage