Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. All these meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by.
Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, May 13, 2019
- Public Safety Building Committee, 6:30 pm @ Southborough Fire Department, Conference Room, 21 Main St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Approve proposed change orders from general contractor
- Planning Board, 7:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda, materials packet) Agenda Highlights: Hearing on 10 Turnpike Rd; Discussions on Open Space Monitoring, Stonebrook Village release of lots, 144-154 Turnpike Rd non-compliance, Master Plan Update, Tree Planting program street tree guidelines, and Site Plan Procedures Construction Phase – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
- Southborough Scholarship Committee, 7:00 pm @ Mary Finn School, Lobby Conference Room, 60 Richards Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Scholarship Applicant interviews
[No meetings on Tuesday to allow everyone to vote in Town Election.]
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
- Regional School Committee Student Advisory Subcommittee Meeting, 5:30 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School, Library, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review of 2018-19 topics and discussion of 2019-20 topics
- Southborough Housing Authority, 6:30 pm @ Colonial Gardens, 49 Boston Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Capital Improvement Plan FY20
- Regional School Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School, Library, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough (agenda, ad policy from 1st reading, bus policy from 1st reading) Agenda Highlights: School Choice Vote; Social Studies Dept presentation; Athletics Update; Student Handbook approval; 2nd readings of policies on Bus transportation and Advertising, donations and sponsorships – Broadcast live by NCAT*
- Southborough Cultural Arts Council, 7:00 pm @ Recreation Building, Conference Room, 21 Highland St (agenda)
- Master Plan Committee, 7:30 pm @ Cordaville Hall, Rooms A and B, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discussions on MAPC involvement, Goals from last meeting, and Scope of update
*Southborough Access Media will broadcast the meeting(s) live on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. Click here to see this week’s schedule with rebroadcast times. (Videos are also usually made available through their YouTube channel by the following morning.)
*Northborough Cable Access Television will live broadcast the meeting on Verizon-29 and Charter-194. (Note: The meeting will eventually be rebroadcast. But expect to wait several days before a time and link are posted to NCAT’s schedule.)