Algonquin’s Girls Track had a good weekend. The Girls won the Dick Mulligan Class Championship. The Telegram covered the victory:
The Tomahawks placed in 11 of 18 events to finish with 113 points and claim their first title since 2013.
“Well, we’re really young, so what we had to count on was our young kids just getting better and better and better,” coach Ken Morin said. “We got three places in the 200 with two sophomores and a freshman, and that wouldn’t have happened earlier in the year.
“So it’s just the young kids getting more mature and growing and working hard. It was a close meet in the dual meet and it was only a difference of three points in the relays. So we knew if we worked hard we’d have a shot.”
Earlier last week, the Telegram covered two Algonquin Lacrosse Alum who are now helping lead their college team to its 3rd straight NCAA Tournament. You can check that story about Jackie Healy and Bella Rino of Endicott College here.
As for ARHS’ current Girls Lacrosse, their record stands at 9-4-0. The Telegram sent its photographer to last Thursday’s Girls Lacrosse win over Westborough. You can see those pics here. And look right for a pic tweeted by ARHS Athletics of Boys Lacrosse’s win over Westfield that afternoon. Their record stands at 11-2-0.
Algonquin Tennis teams are having a great season. Both the Boys and Girls beat Nashoba this afternoon. Nine games in, the girls are undefeated. The Boys started with a loss, but went on to a 9 game winning streak. Last week, two different outlets covered the teams’ wins against Marlborough. You can read the Harbinger’s coverage of the Girls here and Wicked Local’s coverage of the Boys here.
Now here are the remaining varsity games on tap this week (including one in progress):
Have a photo of your favorite team in action to share? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, May 13, 2019
- 3:15pm ARHS Girls Tennis Game vs. Nashoba Regional High School @ Nashoba Regional High School
- 3:15pm ARHS Boys Tennis vs. Nashoba Regional High School @ Algonquin
- 3:30 pm – ARHS Girls Golf vs. Quabbin Regional High School @ Quabbin Regional High School
- 3:30 pm – ARHS Softball vs. Wachusett Regional @ Algonquin
- 5:15pm ARHS Boys Volleyball vs. Wachusett Regional @ Wachusett Reg. High School
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
- 3:30 pm – ARHS Girls Golf vs. Wachusett Regional @ Holden Hill Country Club
- 4:00 pm – ARHS Girls Lacrosse vs. Groton-Dunstable Regional @ Groton-Dunstable Regional High School
- 4:30 pm – ARHS Baseball vs. St. John’s @ Algonquin
- 4:30 pm – ARHS Boys Lacrosse vs. Groton-Dunstable Regional @ Groton-Dunstable Regional High School
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
- 3:30 pm – ARHS Girls Tennis vs. Wachusett Regional @ Algonquin
- 4:00 pm – ARHS Boys Tennis vs. Wachusett Regional @ Wachusett Reg. High School
Thursday, May 16, 2019
- 3:30 pm – ARHS Girls Golf vs. David Prouty High School @ Juniper Hills Golf Course
- 4:30 pm – ARHS Boys Lacrosse vs. Nipmuc Regional @ Nipmuc Regional
- 5:00 pm – ARHS Boys Rugby vs. Malden Catholic @ Algonquin
Friday, May 17, 2019
- 4:00 pm – ARHS Softball vs. Marlborough High School @ Marlborough High School
- 4:00 pm – ARHS Girls Tennis vs. Hopedale Jr./Sr. @ Hopedale High School
- 4:00 pm – ARHS Boys Tennis vs. St. John’s @ Algonquin
- 4:00 pm – ARHS Boys Volleyball vs. Leominster @ Leominster
- 5:00 pm – ARHS Girls Rugby vs. Needham @ Algonquin
- 6:30 pm – ARHS Baseball vs. Marlborough High School @ Marlborough High School
- 7:00 pm – ARHS Girls Lacrosse vs. Concord-Carlisle Regional @ Concord-Carlisle
Saturday, May 18, 2019
- 10:00 am – ARHS Girls Outdoor Track League Meet @ Shepherd Hill Regional High School
- 10:00 am – ARHS Boys Outdoor Track League Meet @ Shepherd Hill Regional High School