Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs or ones that I know are full. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Monday, June 17, 2019
- Last day of School (early dismissals): This is the last day of Southborough (and Northborough) public schools for the summer. School resumes for the 2019-2020 school year on Wednesday, August 28th.
- Summer Reading Begins! (10:00 am – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Children’s Room: Join Children’s Librarian Kim Ivers in the refurbished Children’s Room downstairs to kickoff the start of a new Summer Reading season. (Stay tuned for more details on this summer’s fun.)
- Interboro Community Band Spring Concert (7:30 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School Auditorium: Indoor concert celebrating the end of this year’s Spring session. The program will consist of arrangements from West Side Story, LaLa Land and How the West Was Won, as well as exciting repertoire from the concert band literature. For details, see dedicated post.
Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- ARHS Golf Tournament (9:00 am) @ Juniper Hills Golf Club, Northborough: the 5th Annual ARHS Golf Tournament fundraiser for the ARHS Boosters. Registration opens at 8:00 am; tee-off at 9:00 am. For details, see dedicated post.
- Exciting Women’s Circle (Senior Center Program) (11:00 am) @ Colonial Gardens Recreation Room : A social group for women through the Senior Center. New members always welcome. The group meets monthly on Tuesdays. This session they’ll be playing a fun bingo-like game (though not actually Bingo)
- Sunset Playdates (6:30 – 7:30 pm) @ Fay School’s Primary School playground: Fay School is hosting a free fun night out on our playground for kids 8 and under with families. It features live music by local children’s musicians and an after-dinner popsicle! It’s free to attend, but registration is required. For details, see dedicated post.
- Supporting Wildlife in your Backyard (7:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, main level: The Open Space Preservation Commission is hosting a presentation by MassAudubon as part of its Native Plant * Native Pollinator initiative. Learn best practices for a beautiful, healthy yard that supports birds, pollinators, and other wildlife. For details, see dedicated post.
Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- Outdoor Story Time (4:00 – 4:45 pm) @ Southborough Library back lawn: Bring a blanket and a snack and join us on the lawn for story time! No registration is required and open to all ages. (In cases of inclement weather, story time will be held indoors.)
- Ballroom Dancing (7:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, main level: 3rd session of the 4 free lessons this summer. For details, see dedicated post.
Thursday, June 20, 2019
- Horseback Trail Ride (9:30 am – 12:00 pm): Event for active seniors organized by the Southborough Senior Center’s Trailblazers group. (May already be full.) For details, see dedicated post.
- Legos at the Library (10:30 am – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to come build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
- Opening Reception for Art on the Trails (5:30 – 7:30 pm) @ Beals Preserve: Postponed by rain from last week. Moving celebration – walk the trail and hear participating artists talk about their work. The juried exhibition will be on public display from June 13 – September 22. For more details, see dedicated post.
- Southborough Genealogy Club (7:00 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: This is an informal group meeting where you can learn and share tips about resources for researching family history. This monthly event is free and open to the public. Bring your laptop, log into Ancestry.com, and join in! If you have questions, contact email@example.com.
Friday, June 21, 2019
- Family Puzzle Club (10:30 am – 12:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main Floor: Discover the world of British made Wentworth wooden jigsaw puzzles: premium quality craftsmanship, a wide range of sizes and images, challenging designs, unique shapes and whimsy puzzle pieces. For more details on the puzzles, see dedicated post.