Algonquin Football players should be flying high this week. The team earned its second straight win, bringing its record to 2-2 and prompting the Telegram to write:
After getting blown out the past two years, the Tomahawks announced their reemergence as a team to be reckoned with, rallying to score twice in the final 5:16 to pull away for a 17-7 win over fifth-ranked Shrewsbury. (read more)
ARHS Girls Volleyball continues its reign as the most successful Gonk team this season. The Girls have a perfect 10-0 record. Undefeated Field Hockey was close behind, but just added a second tie to its record on Thursday.
In ARHS Soccer, the Girls broke their 6-game winning streak with a 1-1 tie against Middlesex. But they remain undefeated, with a 7-0-3 record. The Boys most recent game was 2-1 win over Leominster improving their record to 5-1-5. The Telegram writes:
The win extended the Tomahawks’ unbeaten streak to nine games, while snapping a streak of three straight ties. (read more)
On Tuesday, the ARHS Cross Country teams ran against Shrewsbury. ARHS Girls improved their record with a 39-18 win. But the Colonials broke Gonk Boys’ winning streak by one point, 28-27. Over the weekend, the Boys ran in the annual Wachusetts Invitational tournament, coming in 4th.
Boys Golf continues to bounce back and forth between losses and wins, with a now 6-6-1 record.
In individual athletic achievements, the school paper also interviewed a senior who tied for bronze in a fencing competition. You can read about senior Arthur Andreev in The Harbinger.
Now, here are the ARHS varsity games on tap for the week.
(To find a complete schedule of Algonquin sports, including JV, freshmen, and unified match ups, click here. Follow these links for the Assabet sports schedule and the St. Mark’s sports schedule.)
Monday, October 7, 2019
- 3:30 pm – ARHS Field Hockey vs. Hopkinton @ Hopkinton (Fruit Street Fields)
Tuesday, October 8, 2019
- 3:30 pm – ARHS Boys Soccer vs. Bromfield @ Bromfield High School (Harvard Park)
- 3:30 pm – ARHS Girls Volleyball vs. Hopkinton @ Algonquin
Thursday, October 10, 2019
- 4:00 pm – ARHS Boys Golf vs. Nashoba Regional High School @ The International Golf Course, Bolton
- 5:15 pm – ARHS Girls Volleyball vs. Westborough High School @ Westborough High School
Friday, October 11, 2019
- 3:30 pm – ARHS Field Hockey vs. Notre Dame Academy – Worcester @ Notre Dame Academy-Worcester
- 7:00 pm – ARHS Football vs. Fitchburg @ Fitchburg High School
Saturday, October 12, 2019
- 2:00 pm – ARHS Boys Soccer vs. Tantasqua High School @ Algonquin (stadium field)
- 4:00 pm – ARHS Girls Soccer vs. Tantasqua High School @ Algonquin
Have a photo of your favorite team in action to share? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.