Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Tuesday, December 10, 2019
- 6th & 8 Grade Book Group (4:00 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: Book club members read a book selected each month and then meet for discussion & activities. Registration is required. Refreshments provided by Wegmans and Friends of Southborough Library. For more information, contact Amy Townsley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Board of Selectmen Office Hours (5:00 – 7:00 pm) @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St: Come and chat with the Selectmen. No appointment necessary, drop ins welcome. If you can’t attend but have a question or concern, email email@example.com
- Poetry Workshop (6:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main Level: At the semi-monthly sessions, Everyone is asked to bring in five copies of their original poetry for supportive feedback. If you don’t have a poem, come and share your insights. The group meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month.
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
- Movie Matinee – The Christmas Story (12:30 – 3:05 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Free movie screening for seniors. Rated PG, Nostalgic comedy about young boy and his family over the holidays in 1940. Please sign up at the front desk or call (508) 229‐4453. Snacks will be provided.
- Cookbook Club (6:30 – 8:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Join the Library for its monthly cookbook group. Participants will each cook a different dish from the selected cook book of the month. This month’s cookbook is Martha Stewart’s Appetizers. To avoid overlap, email Marianna (at firstname.lastname@example.org) with your selection.
Thursday, December 12, 2019
- Neary Orchestra & Band Concert (7:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Trottier Middle School: Annual winter concert of Neary School’s orchestra and 5th grade band
Friday, December 13, 2019
- Southborough Gardeners Holiday Boutique (11:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ the Community House, 28 Main Street: The Southborough Gardeners will be selling wreaths, door swags, centerpieces and other holiday themed decorations. For details, see dedicated post.
Saturday, December 14, 2019
- Holiday Art and Gift Sale (9:00 am – 5:00 pm) @ 10 Chestnut Hill Road (The Stables) & 49 Lynbrook Road (L’Abri Fellowship): Local artisans and craftspeople will be selling holiday gifts. This 2 location event is free and open to the public. Buy art and gifts from local artists and artisans. Items for sale will include paintings, artisan goods, prints, chocolates, ceramics, jewelry, decorations, and handmade clothing. For details, see dedicated post.
- Drop-In Saturday Art (10:30 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: Join us for some fun family Saturday crafts. This drop-in activity is Holiday Clay Art. Recommended for ages 5-9, siblings welcome. No registration required.This program is sponsored by the Friend of the Library.
Sunday, December 15, 2019
- Interboro Community Band Winter Concert (2:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School, auditorium, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough: Free, family friendly performance by the regional community band. The program will include works from the symphonic band repertoire as well as a number of holiday season favorites. For details, see dedicated post.
- Messiah Sing (3:30 pm) @ First Church Congregational, 37 High Street in Marlborough: Assabet Valley Mastersingers will perform the Christmas portion of Handel’s oratorio in addition to the “Hallelujah Chorus” with audience participation. A suggested donation of $10 is desired. Guests will be invited to share refreshments following the “sing.” For details, see dedicated post.
- Lessons and Carols (4:00 pm) @ St. Mark’s School, Belmont Chapel – the 1st building at the main entrance, 25 Marlboro Road: The public is invited to attend the annual Service of Nine Lessons and Carols for Christmas. The St. Mark’s Choir, will sing new and traditional Christmas anthems and lead congregational caroling. Follow signs to visitor parking.
Updated (12/10/19 2:32 pm): I forgot to include the Gardeners’ Holiday Boutique on Friday.
Updated (12/11/19 5:01 pm): I forgot to include Sunday’s Interboro concert.