Since I posted on Algonquin sports last Monday, Boys and Girls Swimming/Diving teams each secured two more wins. That brings the Boys record up to 8-1. And, it means that 9 meets into the season, the Gonk Girls remain undefeated in official competitions.* (That’s something I missed last week, when I inaccurately posted that ARHS Gymnastics was the school’s only undefeated team.)
Speaking of Gymnastics, the T-Hawks held their undefeated status through another meet. The Hudson Hawks tweeted of the Saturday meet:
Hudson has a season best score of 136.5 but loses by a 4.45 pt. margin to a very strong Algonquin team (140.95).
ARHS Girls Indoor Track won its meet against Shephard Hill on Wednesday, then competed in the East Coast Invitational on Saturday where runners won the 4×800 relay:
Girls win East Coast Invitational 4x800m race! Great job! pic.twitter.com/K1gc8W5wJN
— ARHS Athletics (@ARHSAthletics) January 18, 2020
T-Hawks Girls Hockey scored two more wins last week, improving their record to 6-1-2. Metrowest Daily News covered the team’s performance this season:
the Algonquin/Hudson girls hockey team has been flying under the radar despite reaching the Division 2 quarterfinals a year ago and returning quite a few key pieces from that squad.
Algonquin/Hudson has quietly gone about its business, racking up points and putting up some special performances while looking to build momentum heading into the February postseason push. (read more)
ARHS Boys Hockey added a win and tie to their record, but is still weighed down by earlier losses with a 3-6-2 record.
It wasn’t a great week for every T-Hawk team. Boys Basketball, which started the season strong, lost to Shrewsbury and St. John’s. That brings their record down to 5-4. Girls Basketball added a third loss in a row, but followed with a win over Notre Dame on Friday. They now stand at 3-7. At Saturday’s Quad meet, Wrestling won against Westford but was beaten by Framingham and Franklin.
Daily News is starting to share its Fall All-Stars. First up last night was Field Hockey, which included two ARHS players: senior Jordan Manousos and junior Day Ruffo.
Now, here are the ARHS varsity games on tap for the week.
Tuesday, January 21, 2020
- 7:00 pm – ARHS Girls Basketball vs. Marlborough High School @ Marlborough High School
- 7:00 pm – ARHS Boys Basketball vs. Marlborough High School @ Algonquin
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
- 5:00 pm – ARHS Girls Indoor Track vs. Leominster @ Wachusett Reg. High School
- 5:00 pm – ARHS Boys Indoor Track vs. Leominster @ Wachusett Reg. High School
- 5:30 pm – ARHS Boys Ice Hockey vs. North Middlesex Regional @ Wallace Civic Center at Fitchburg State University
- 6:30 pm – ARHS Wrestling vs. Nashoba Regional High School @ Nashoba Regional High School
Thursday, January 23, 2020
- 3:30 pm – ARHS Girls Alpine Ski vs. TBA @ Ski Ward Ski Area (SL Race)
- 3:30 pm – ARHS Boys Alpine Ski vs. TBA @ Ski Ward Ski Area (SL Race)
Friday, January 24, 2020
- 7:00 pm – ARHS Girls Basketball vs. Wachusett Regional @ Wachusett Reg. High School
- 7:00 pm – ARHS Boys Basketball vs. Wachusett Regional @ Algonquin
- 8:10 pm – ARHS Girls Ice Hockey vs. Franklin @ New England Sports Center
Saturday, January 25, 2020
- 9:30 am – ARHS Gymnastics vs. Marlborough High School @ Algonquin
- 10:00 am – ARHS Wrestling Quad Meet @ Hopkinton
- 3:30 pm – ARHS Boys Basketball vs. Somerville @ TD Garden
- 8:00 pm – ARHS Boys Ice Hockey vs. Marlborough High School @ North Star Ice Sports, Westborough
Sunday, January 26, 2020
- 10:00 am – ARHS Girls Indoor Track in MSTCA Coaches Invitational @ Reggie Lewis Track Center
- 10:00 am – ARHS Boys Indoor Track in MSTCA Coaches Invitational @ Reggie Lewis Track Center
(To find a complete schedule of Algonquin sports, including JV, freshmen, and unified match ups, click here. Follow these links for the Assabet sports schedule and the St. Mark’s sports schedule.)
Have a photo of your favorite team in action to share? Email email@example.com.
*ARHS Girls/Swimming Diving won each of the 9 official season meets. The team also participated in two other events (the pre-season Mid-Wach Swims for Hunger and the January 11th Lincoln-Sudbury Invitational) with no publicly posted results I could find.