I got the early morning wake up call from the schools. There will be a 2 hour delay for Southborough public schools and Algonquin Regional High School again today.
One group of students is bound to be disappointed. For Trottier Middle School this actually means one more hour of school. The planned half day is cancelled. Students will be dismissed at the regular time.*
This also means that morning preschool is cancelled and the Senior Center will be closed.
*Earlier this week, Principal Lavoie emailed Trottier parents instructions in case weather impacted today’s parent-teacher conferences:
In the event of inclement weather Thursday morning, we will need to adjust our Early Release Conference Schedule for Thursday, February 6th. . .
If there is a 2-hour delay on Thursday, February 6th – the following changes will occur:
- We will have a normal dismissal time (2:25).
- Lunch will be served at school.
- All Thursday classes will meet, but the periods will be shortened on a 2-hour delay schedule.
If there is a 2-hour delay on Thursday, February 6th, afternoon conferences will NOT occur. Evening conferences will still take place as scheduled.
If you have an afternoon conference scheduled — please choose one of the following options:
- Contact your child’s teacher by email and see if an email dialogue will suffice.
- There are still time slots available for evening conferences. Try to change your appointment to an evening conference.
With a delayed start or cancelation, we will reschedule the early release day.