If you’re interested in running for Town Office, you have just under four weeks to pull nomination papers. The deadline is 5:00 pm on Friday, March 20th.
This year, the following seats are up for grabs in the May 12th election. (Unless otherwise specified, each have one seat available):
- Town Clerk – 3 year term
- Moderator – 1 year term
- Board of Selectmen – vote for two – 3 year term
- Board of Assessors – 3 year term
- Board of Commissioners of Trust Funds – 3 year term
- Board of Health – 3 year term
- Board of Trustees Southborough Library*
- vote for two – 3 year term
- vote for one – 2 year term
- vote for one – 1 year term
- Northborough-Southborough Regional School Committee – Southborough candidate – 3 year term
- Planning Board – 5 year term
- School Committee – 3 year term
- Housing Authority – vote for two – 5 year term
For those of you considering a run, note that you’ll need to collect signatures in time to file papers on March 24th. Click here to open the Town’s full list of vital dates. If you have questions about the responsibilities of the positions, you can find information here.
Those of you who aren’t planning to run, may still want to note some important dates in our Town democracy. The voter registration deadline is April 22nd at 8:00 pm. And the final day to apply for an absentee ballot is noon on May 11th.
It’s too early to report on potential races or seats in danger of being vacant. Stay tuned for that over the next few weeks.
*Four out of the Board of Library Trustees seats will be on this year’s ballots. The terms of the 3 year seats are up for re-election this spring. The two other seats are due to members who stepped down in the fall.