According to a construction notice, a water main project is scheduled to begin on Oregon Road tomorrow morning.
The notice states:
On Thursday, February 20, 2020, the Towns of Ashland and Southborough will begin installing a new interconnection vault on Oregon Road. The project includes the installation of a sub-grade concrete vault on the shoulder of the road and installation of 140 feet of water main within the roadway, as part of the Towns’ Supplemental Interconnection project to provide Ashland with access to the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority’s (MWRA) water source.
The overview describes the project as expected to be completed in one month. But it appears from the details that they hope for the most disruptive work to be finished in 1-2 weeks.
Work will overlap with the morning commute. It is scheduled from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm – presumably on weekdays.
The notice states:
- There will be a representative of the Towns on site during construction hours to assist in the coordination of work. If you have any issues with construction activities during construction hours and need assistance, you can contact Shane Driscoll at 401-334-4100.
- One lane of traffic will be open at all times during the construction and the crew will allow residents to get in and out of their driveways.
- Any open trenches will be plated or backfilled at the end of each work day and equipment barricaded for safety.
- We anticipate that the work will take between one and two weeks.
- Temporary paving will be done every Friday during the project.
We do not expect that the installation of the vault and new water main will cause any discolored water. If your water service is affected, please contact your Town DPW at the telephone numbers noted below.
Some residences will be part of a planned shut down for a valve installation. Those residences will be notified of the time and duration of the shut down the day before.
We have a strong, ongoing commitment to investing in infrastructure and keeping it updated. The investments we make in our system help ensure that we are able to fulfill our commitment to providing high quality water and excellent service to the residents of Ashland and Southborough.
If you need further assistance, please contact the Town of Ashland DPW at 508-881-0120 and the Town of Southborough DPW at 508-485-1210.