Here are highlights of what’s happening this week for Southborough.
Most of this week’s events are all online. All of the events are through the Southborough Library.
(If you’re looking for some off-line fun with kids, click here for info that includes ongoing activities/opportunities.)
Tuesday, July 13, 2020
- Library’s Virtual Story Time (10:30 am) Facebook: Children’s Librarian “Miss Kim” will hold a story time on Facebook live, which will also be viewable after. (Note: you don’t have to have a Facebook account to watch the Library’s videos.) These will take place every Tuesday and Thursday through August.
- Creative Writing Club (3:00 – 3:40 pm) @ : Southborough Library is hosting this weekly club for tweens and teens through mid-August. Are you looking for a new place to foster your writing? How about a welcoming environment to share writing projects? Or maybe some help practicing your writing skills in a fun way? Tuesday afternoons meet with other writers along with library associate Marianna Sorensen to brainstorm ideas and share projects.
- Mr. Vinny presents Hodge Podge Hide & Seek (3:00 – 4:00 pm) @ somewhere in Southborough: Postponed from July 8th due to the weather forecast. The Southborough Library is putting on this special, socially distant event. Mr. Vinny will be hiding with his big puppet “Hodge Podge” somewhere in town! We need you to help find him with the clues you will receive. When you track him down, please take pictures (at a distance) and meet the puppet from afar. No registration required. For details, see dedicated post.
Wednesday, July 15, 2020
- Virtual Preschool Yoga (9:30 am – 10:30 am) @ zoom: Southborough Library program geared toward ages 3-5. Join Certified Kids’ Yoga Instructor Mandy Roberge as she takes kids on a fun-filled adventure on Zoom through basic yoga postures, using games, music and literacy activities. For details, see dedicated post.
Thursday, July 16, 2020
- Virtual Reading Circle (8:00 – 9:00 pm) @ zoom: Virtual Reading Circle – for adults Do you wish you could talk about books with a fellow bibliophile? Are you dying to share the latest book you read? The Southborough Library is hosting a Virtual Reading Circle starting in June on Thursdays evenings for adults. Pre-registration is required. For details, see dedicated post.
- Library’s Virtual Story Time (10:30 am) @ Facebook: Children’s Librarian “Miss Kim” will hold a story time on Facebook live, which will also be viewable after. (Note: you don’t have to have a Facebook account to watch the Library’s videos.) These will take place every Tuesday and Friday through August.