Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
The Town intends to make each of its meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom.* Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, July 27, 2020
- Americans with Disabilities Act Committee Meeting, 9:15 am @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review and discuss the RFP for a consultant’s review of town facilities to assure ADA compliance, Review of open ADA complaints
- Board of Registrars of Voters Meeting, 7:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Annual vote delegating authorities to Town Clerk; Discussions of changes in election laws, Sept 1 State Primary (location & hours for Early Voting), and Nov 3 State Election
Tuesday, July 28, 2020
- Historical Commission Meeting, 6:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Bond Release for 84 Main St; Letter in Support of Appointment of Michael Weishan to the Commission; Historic Sign Program; Review Process for Commission Communication; Potential Drafting of Rules and Regulations for Demolition Delay Bylaw
Wednesday, July 29, 2020
- Trails Committee Meeting, 7:30 am @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Revisit motions from June 24th meeting that did not receive proper roll call votes and correct as needed; Status updates on Choate Grant project, spring trails clean-up, SRT Trail Makings, post installation near Fayville athletic fields, interactive online regional trails map opportunity, and Peninsula Trail/Boroughs Loop Trail
- Taxation Aid Committee Meeting, 4:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss status of fund and ideas for encouraging donations
- Combined K-8 Schools Committee Meeting, 6:00 pm (Begins with closed Executive Session with open meeting to follow approx an hour later) @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Reopening Plans. Public encouraged to submit advance questions for Audience Sharing – see agenda for details. Pre-register for webinar here.**
- Master Plan Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss/vote on edited Visioning Statement,
Thursday, July 30, 2020
- Open Space Preservation Commission Meeting, 12:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Stonebrook Subdivision open space requirements; Review Planning Board Consultant’s Open Space Survey; Wildlife Habitat Certification press release and next steps; Consider alternative activities for Native Pollinator / Native Plant Initiative
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 6:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Village Mixed Use District (VMUD) Zoning Article status and next steps, public comment
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda, meeting packet) Agenda Highlights: Public hearings on Lot 5 Granuaile/Brigham Rd, 28 Granuaile Rd, Lot 4 Granuaile Rd, 151 Middle Rd, Sudbury Reservoir Boat Ramps, CSX Right-of-Way, and Park Central; 84 Main St invasive removal update & discussion; Request for Certificate of Compliance for 5 Burnett Rd and 169 Parkerville Rd [Note: the Commission plans to hold the Park Central hearing this week, not postpone to a future meeting as they have been doing. Scroll down for more on how to ask questions.]***
Friday, July 31, 2020
- Regional School Committee Meeting, 8:00 am (Begins with closed Executive Session with open meeting to follow approx an hour later) @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: OPEB Investment Strategy, Reopening Plans. Public encouraged to submit advance questions for Audience Sharing – see agenda for details. Pre-register for webinar here.
- Board of Health Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Appoint paid intern; Vote to post for a per diem nurse (funded through Cares Act); Vote to create Advisory Committee and approve its charge [with specified ex officio’s, members at large etc.]
*There is the caveat that there could be technical glitches that force the Town to take backup actions:
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on Southborough’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
**The Combined School Committees meeting will eventually be aired via SAM Government Channel – Verizon Channel 37/ Charter Channel 192 and YouTube. To view live, register for webinar.
***Updated (7/27/20 4:22 pm): Conservation Agent Melissa Danza confirmed that this time around, the Conservation Commission will resume the Park Central hearing:
anyone can join the Zoom link and when the chair opens it up for public participation, they can use the raise hand feature if they would like to comment. They can also submit written comments to me prior to the meeting if they would like.
You can email Danza at email@example.com.
Updated (7/28/20 2:53 pm): A reader pointed out that I misread the school committees’ agenda. It covers the K-8 committees for both Northborough and Southborough, but not the Regional high school.
Updated (7/29/20 10:47 am): Since the Regional School Committee has posted an agenda for Friday, I’m adding that and other newly posted agendas. While I’m at it, I’m removing the listing for a potential Advisory Committee meeting today. In the end, an agenda wasn’t posted.